Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Hanger on
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, been lurking for a while, enjoying reading the threads, and joined a few weeks ago, so thought it was time I put digit to keyboard and said hello properly.

I was first introduced to modified cars 30yrs ago when I was 14, I found a copy of ‘Street Machine’ in the newsagents and ended up buying every copy for a while, ‘Mother’ drew the line at me bringing home copies of ‘Custom Car’ at the time for the obvious reasons. As you can image though, I squirreled a few copies away under the bed.

I persuaded my Father to take me to various shows for a while, which he enjoyed, but apart from building a couple of ‘Hot’ Imps I went down the route my Father and Brother had taken –Bikes.
I built a few, including a couple that were featured in BSH and Streetfighters, and spent a bit of time at Santa Pod where I got to have a gander at the Rods and customs when there were joint meetings running.

When the family came along I carried on with the bikes as best as possible, but apart from the cash I found it a very selfish hobby when you have a family, and started to look at Cars again.
About that time we lost my Father, and I inherited his boat which I’d always enjoyed, and so did my two young sons, so I was off at a tangent again, and have spent the last few years with fast boats, doing stupid stuff like trips to the Channel Islands in open boats.

2 years ago my eldest saw an advert for the Flame and Thunder at Santa Pod, and asked if we could go. Of course I couldn’t refuse, and so myself and my two teenage sons were on the slippery slope. They love Santa Pod, and we go now whenever we can, which is a reasonable trip for us from Portsmouth, but worth it. We’ve also started going to the local static shows, South Coast Nationals, Hayling reunion etc.

We’ve decided we like one of the the current trends, and are getting the cash together for a 50’s Chevy Apache or Ford P100, probably an unfinished project we can finish off between us. Obviously it’ll need a 3 seat bench in the cab.

I’ve kept up my home workshop from my time building bikes, so welding and smaller Lathe and Mill work isn’t a problem, just space, as it’s a standard double garage with two single ‘UK’ size up and over doors, so I’m not even sure at the moment if a truck will fit.

Anyway, I’m going to keep enjoying the threads, and am considering getting in touch with the Victory Wheelers for a bit of local support and encouragement when we’ve got the cash together for the truck.

Nasher.

·
Premium Member
692 Posts
Welcome to R'n'S Nasher, great intro post. Not sure about the room you'll have to get a 50s truck in the garage I think you are right probably too tall. (have to let the tyres down every time lol)...........................:tup:
..Nige..

·
Hanger on
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to R'n'S Nasher, great intro post. Not sure about the room you'll have to get a 50s truck in the garage I think you are right probably too tall. (have to let the tyres down every time lol)...........................:tup:
..Nige..
Thanks, it's nice to be here.
I was thinking more about the width of a truck being the issue.
I can get my Discovery in under the door height wise, but it's a squeeze width wise, even with the mirrors folded back.

I'll have to do some research on sizes etc and see what my options are.

Nasher.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts