Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know its a suck it and see question, but which affordable (not mega bucks upto £500) rear axle would you recommend coupled to a Mopar 318 and 727 box? ive heard people use sherpa, jag, ford or volvo in the passed, the kar itself will be uber low if that makes any odds...
Just wanted a few opinions please

Cheers

Zed

·
Registered
773 Posts
Hi Zed ,I broke a 86 Chrysler New Yorker about 6 months ago and it was running a 318/727 combo .I still have the rear axle complete with drums ,brakes etc £80 mate and its yours.....The axle is at my workshop 5 mins from Glasgow Airport,2 mins from the M8.
Easy to be uplifted ,,,Let me know if you are interested..Andy
PS its about 62" Drum face to drum face

·
Premium Member
553 Posts
i ran a narrowed mk2 jag axle with that very same engine and box set up

can't really give you any pro's or con's though ( see other thread :lol: )

the volvo 246 axle is supposed to be bullet proof ,so i've been told ....

:)

·
Premium Member
553 Posts
Hi Zed ,I broke a 86 Chrysler New Yorker about 6 months ago and it was running a 318/727 combo .I still have the rear axle complete with drums ,brakes etc £80 mate and its yours.....The axle is at my workshop 5 mins from Glasgow Airport,2 mins from the M8.
that ^ sounds like a bargin , and should have the right ratios etc

:)

·
gas hog
261 Posts
also worth considering the jensen interceptor axle sailsbury lsd unit in all of them strong enough for a stock 440ci, not as wide as most yank axles to, came with 3.07 ratio and sp cars 2.90 ratio

·
Premium Member
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Kool PM you over the weekend:tup:

·
Registered
398 Posts
axle

if you are not to fusy about how the axle looks try a volvo 240 range they are suposed to take upto 500 brake and can be narrowed as they have streight shafts and can be re studed to other bolt paterns i have previousls run one with a very hot 302cu in ford on it and had no trubles at all plus they have good brakes (discs) derek

1 - 8 of 8 Posts