Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, Posting this for a friend who is building a Rover engined Pop (V8 naturally) and one of you guys must have done this combo before!
We need to know the best brake master cylinder bore etc. to work with the following

E-type Jag back axle with inboard sold discs (standard callipers etc.) front axle is MGB with standard discs (from 1965 one we think)
At present he is thinking single system with a remote servo but maybe a dual system would give a bit more control (and safety), maybe with a bias control, to match the front and back.
I have had a quick look online at "think" the original Jag M/C bore was 11/16 and the MGB one 3/4 but don't quote me on that.
The pedal box is from an auto Range Rover (cos I had one!) but we can adapt the mounting of whatever master cylinder to suit.

We would be very grateful to hear from someone who has had particular success with this setup or can give advice.
Thanks
Norm

·
Off the Xmas card list
24,055 Posts
In this day and age I wouldn't bother with a single circuit set up :( Better way would be a bulkhead mounted servo with twin circuit m/c, 22.2mm would be the ideal m/c , Transit is a good source and mounts flat against the bulkhead as opposed to angled .. Otherwise twin master cylinders with NO servo using 5/8 m/cs.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Kapri,
I do agree with you on the dual circuit.
I'll pass on the info, thanks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts