Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking at getting a bit bigger mig , want something about 200amps ,single phase . got about £400 mark to spend .....
is there any to avoid ? been looking at second hand stuff local , but they all look like they have been thrashed around :tdown:

·
Premium Member
731 Posts
Hello mate
Have you tried Rundells engineering up the road from me at New Bollingbroke? No idea if they have what you want but I do know they have a hell of a lot of stuff in their sheds
Dave

·
Enthusiastic Amateur
757 Posts
I picked up a Lincoln Powertec 231c for a touch more then your looking to pay. It was a year old and still under warranty. I was using a Clark and difference is chalk and cheese. It may worth searching on the MIG welding forum for there recommendations. The Lincoln was one of three they recommended. I would need 3 phase to work at the top end but it's fine at the normal connection for what I need.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Avoid SIP shite, apart from bad quality, aftersales shite as well.

They used to be ok, but general quality is poor.

·
Registered
935 Posts
I would look for a good used migatronic, lincoln, murex etc. Better to spend 400 on something which would be 800 new.

·
Premium Member
990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks guys , just bought a lincoln 220 that has been used a couple of times , was within my budget too ! :tup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts