Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Worn Out Fanny Magnet.
673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all,

"Hopefully", at some point in the future, I/we will be moving from the "delightful" area where we live at present in the "Wild" West Midlands, and buying something else in a nicer area. I "think" I would prefer to stay in England, and I have always sort of assumed that Devon or Cornwall would be my two main area`s of choice, but I`m beginning to think that this is a little predictable, and I`m wondering if there is anywhere else I should be considering. I really would like a nice quiet Village, but with enough facilities to keep you in essential Grocerie`s, and a Newspaper etc. It would need to have at least one decent Pub, not a Karaoke/Disco Bar or anything like that, just a nice Community focused Traditional watering hole, with a decent drink on tap, where you can chill out and relax. I also love old Buildings, especially old Churches, the older the better. I`m not a Religious person, but I just love Old Architecture, and the stonework etc in some of the older churches just does it for me !!. So, what do you think ?, and where would you recommend that I should be looking ?.

·
richard rawlplug
8,132 Posts
near stratford upon avon.....nice place....and they got a dragstrip...bonus..!

·
Registered
1,489 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,399 Posts
I agree.... roads are too narrow to park a yank in... :incheek:

·
Registered
680 Posts
Cornwalls good but bring lots of money as there fuck all down ere,,,oh and dont try changing things down ere as we like crunchin carrots,,

·
Super Moderator
7,399 Posts
Dreckly.........

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
:pmsl: well yorkshire is rather nice especially up on the moors or dales, have you factored the weather into the move cos up er its a bit cooler than down sarf

·
Premium Member
1,129 Posts
HOW ABOUT GODS GREEN ACRE THAT IS CUMBRIA !!!, the lake district to be precise, beautiful scenery, old buildings, quaint villiages and enough local micro breweries to keep anyone happy.

·
Off the Xmas card list
24,204 Posts
You can't beat theweather down here in the central south riviera . On the other hand it comes at a price for both property and normal life , it's a shock if you are used to Midlands up prices.

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
a bit over the river i know, but stateside does it for me, Huntington Beach...............my best place in the world..

otherwise North Devon, lovely.............Croyde, Wollacombe area....aint gonna be cheap though............see you down there in a few years time

·
Worn Out Fanny Magnet.
673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
As it happens, my now unfortunately Deceased Step Father`s Family all live in Poole, Dorset, but I`m afraid its far too expensive for me !!. I really like the Lake District, as it really is beautiful, but I couldnt cope with all of the rain !!. I really need somewhere as Warm & Dry as posible, Picturesque, and Cheap to live, which probably doesn`t actually exist, so a few compromises may be needed methinks !!.

·
Compulsive chicken choker
6,394 Posts
Debyshire (Peak District), loads of nice villages, lovelly scenery etc & its still local to most places as its central! Others would be Ludlow (Shropshire), North Yorkshire, Lake District or Norfolk.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Before i moved down to Cornwall i lived in harlow. (in essex(
Ive been down here for three years now and the place sucks! (boring all winter, full of mugs all summer) and the local girls are a bit weird.
March next year im moving back to harlow where sanity rains and the girls are easy.
YAHOO 3 months to go

1 - 20 of 58 Posts