Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was messing with my car a few weeks ago and found the live wire from the alternator to be hanging free, but there was a live from the alternator going to + any so I thought I would investigate , checked the battery voltage, whilst the engine is running using my halfrauds meter.. it read 15.95v so I was thinking how come the battery hasn’t blown up , checked the VR , all good checked alternator wiring seemed ok, still not sure about the extra wire though.. I spent 3 nights on the forums .. thinking about getting a 1 wire alternator, new battery / battery tested.. then decided to check the battery with my work meter … glad I did , this is measuring the battery without engine running… lesson learnt
I’m

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Yup sadly there is so much crap on the market, even some once quality products are rubbish,

·
Registered
170 Posts
My work Fluke meter starts to give strange readings when the internal battery is getting low.
might be worht checking.

·
Registered
417 Posts
voltage is different when the motor is running compared to when its not.
are you looking at same for same?

·
Premium Member
14,500 Posts
My work Fluke meter starts to give strange readings when the internal battery is getting low.
might be worht checking.
i was just about to say that, you get all sorts of weird readings when the battery needs changing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts