Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just seen in CC for the first time the list of trophy winners. 3 BIB, top ten, Best in show ETC ETC!!!!!!!!! If BIB isn't pointless, then why wasn't it best in show (no dis-respect to the car, just the show) ? Is BIB a separate show to make the public think they are getting two show's for the price of one? Was this elongated list of trophy winners a means of spreading the surplus trophies left over from this years shows around? I find this Pot Hunting stuff so confusing, I think i'll just stick to the hobby of enjoying driving Hot Rods!!!!!!

·
Dragging not Bragging
5,720 Posts
I think i'll just stick to the hobby of enjoying driving Hot Rods!!!!!!
Now that part's a statement Si .............A good 1 at that :tup:

Hey Rusty thinkthere was a thread recently covering some of this :tdown:

·
[url=http://www.nobrain.d
14,365 Posts
I thought there was a thread for this :beuj:

I have an idea;

There should be a pole as to what cars the Rodding public want to see at the BIB.

The top ten vote getters, if they want to enter, are invited to the BIB.

Once at the venue, the BUILDERS of these top ten cars then vote on what car they think deserves to be BIB, obviously they cannot vote on there own car......what do you think? Then we know that the cars are judged purely on workmanship, by top builders.

The present way is crap, that is exactly why cars have been awarded trophies 2 years on the trot, what are the judges saying 'nothing better happened this year'. Sorry but I think that this year has seen unbeatable cars being built, the best ever, we should be proud of that fact, and hope the bar gets raised even higher next year.

Another thing to consider, you can't be BIB if people that own really good cars think this event is pointless and don't bother going. Also there are cars that live hundreds of miles away, too far.

From the photos i have seen, i wouldn't say the place was packed, an outstanding financial success!! Well if the way BIB is judged doesn't change, than it's all down hill from here.

Just a thought, If Joe Bloggs had comissioned a Piccasso, it didn't become a Joe Bloggs, it's still a PICCASSO. just a little thought for the bank book rodders.
>>> http://www.rodsnsods.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=5861&page=8

Bob……

·
Registered
7,436 Posts
I thought there was a thread for this :beuj:

Indeed but Rusty Coupe wants to keep making the same pathetic point every chance he gets :wanker:

If you're going to the AGM (although I'm sure it's not your 'scene') I'll tell you to your face Rusty Coupe.

Give it a fucking rest will you...by the way I think unpainted cars are shit.
Chill out a bit will you Dusty and less of the wanker stuff thanks.

Rather than tell someone to "give it a fucking rest" how about you simply ignore it and move on to the next thread.

If you've got personal issues with the guy then sort it out personally and not on here.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
I've just seen in CC for the first time the list of trophy winners. 3 BIB, top ten, Best in show ETC ETC!!!!!!!!! If BIB isn't pointless, then why wasn't it best in show (no dis-respect to the car, just the show) ? Is BIB a separate show to make the public think they are getting two show's for the price of one? Was this elongated list of trophy winners a means of spreading the surplus trophies left over from this years shows around? I find this Pot Hunting stuff so confusing, I think i'll just stick to the hobby of enjoying driving Hot Rods!!!!!!
maybe the best way would just to have given everyone that entered a pot,
or does that sound potty?

·
Registered
327 Posts
I'm with you on that one Dusty :D

As an aside, was just putting my shiny coupe to beddie byes for a couple of weeks as am working away and found a bit of rust on the rear axle .... whoooo hoooo ... I'm off to the Hayride next year :tup:
Remember day when comments like this woulda got you strung up, on other side. Now I remember why I never joined!:D

Rustycoupe, it ain't rocket science mate. Look at BIB as a concours show, and rest as nice cars with usual road rash from drivin.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
I'm with you on that one Dusty :D

As an aside, was just putting my shiny coupe to beddie byes for a couple of weeks as am working away and found a bit of rust on the rear axle .... whoooo hoooo ... I'm off to the Hayride next year :tup:
if you think having a bit of rust is what the hayride is all about,
id stick to the jug hunting:tup:

·
Off the Xmas card list
24,496 Posts
if you think having a bit of rust is what the hayride is all about,
id stick to the jug hunting:tup:
It's turning into just another rod run now isn't it ? I mean I thought it was meant to be a trad style only event , the entertainment certainly focuses on the lifestyle but isn't there a huge 'street rod' turnout out as well, just relegated to another field ?

I've said this to Terry as well that I think it's in danger of losing it's way unless it refocus' on what it started out to be.

Not biased either way, be it street or hot 'your ' call not mine..

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
It's turning into just another rod run now isn't it ? I mean I thought it was meant to be a trad style only event , the entertainment certainly focuses on the lifestyle but isn't there a huge 'street rod' turnout out as well, just relegated to another field ?

I've said this to Terry as well that I think it's in danger of losing it's way unless it refocus' on what it started out to be.

i didnt notice many street rods there last year,but i think the amount
of press its had and the fact its a bit different from anything else, people
may go not because its there thing,but just to see what all the fuss is about,
its still a fantastic event for anyone into the trad rod/ bike/ lifestyle scene
and a million miles away from something like say the nats, but as you say
its worth terry keeping an eye on it, maybe something like they do at the old style weekend where cars that dont meet the criteria dont get near the place, but like most shows the guys work their nuts off and it all adds up to extra work for them.

·
Registered
8 Posts

For someone who has been around shows as long as you but never been to a hayride you seem to enjoy posting rubbish about it.

·
Off the Xmas card list
24,496 Posts
Didn't think the post was rubbish , it was not intended to be , nor am I enjoying posting 'rubbish' about it, intending to post rubbish about it ,put it down, knock it or whatever else you may feel from one single post.

It was just a comment based on what I've seen on the forums ( before and after the events ) and from my conversations with those who prefer trad ,and from conversations with Terry but feel free to tell me what I've got wrong ?

·
Registered
2,523 Posts

have to agree Kev, notice more non trad rods there, and some bigger bucks cars also, even loads of the Bristol boys many who i would have never of thought off going to a lifestyle event of this type,

·
Why isn't it 1963?
539 Posts
have to agree Kev, notice more non trad rods there, and some bigger bucks cars also, even loads of the Bristol boys many who i would have never of thought off going to a lifestyle event of this type,
So, big bucks cars can't be traditional, is that what you're saying? I've got no choice but to spend big bucks and I like to think I did it with nothing but tradition in mind. No, it's not satin black with red wheels, (since when has this been traditional anyway) but was the Hirohata Merc, Larry Earnst's Chevy, The Kopper Kart, Ala Kart, The Lil' Duece Coupe, The Cookie Car, The Outlaw etc etc etc? Shiny paint and a bit of class can be well within the criteria laid down by The Executioners and I have every faith that Terry and the gang will keep it the best traditional Rod & Kustom weekend in the world.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.