Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just heard its going to be in Peterborough in October. With all the related forums now having the "garage section" who do you think will win this years award. Will it be the long awaited debut of the "Rocket" or could it be last years winner, Calum Andersons 34, only been won 2 years in a row which was frank carolls 34, Or is there something lurking in a home builders garage or in one the Pro builder workshop, So come on post your preferred winner

·
Registered
427 Posts
theres a wicked 34 chevy comming out the guy has won it befor
so the standard will have to be very high ,,,,, enter steve lang ,,
yea the rocket roadster is a contender then theres les howletts 34
simply stuning ,,, and the detail will be lost on a lot of people , very trad
so what else is out there ,,,,,,,any t,s ,,,,,,a,s or b,s

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Edd think the Abrehart 32 must be almost finished by now, THAT could be in the running. Not sure how far off russ pepers 32 is from being finished, BUT having read about the build plan elsewhere that too could be up there with a chance

·
Registered
427 Posts
your very right , ,,,russ is putting together a very nice 3 window and that hemi looks awsome ,,,but i dont think it will be done this year
and then theres keith of the brack pack with his 32 sedan,,
,,so are old sport looks strong ,,,roll on next year

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Shame I thought russ's would be ready, forgot about keith atkinsons sedan, the quality coming out of late is fantastic. Will be a hard choice for this year and next. What else is lurking behind various garage doors

·
Premium Member
1,409 Posts
The Standard of cars out there is brilliant, lets hope this hobby don,t get to caught up in whos spent the most money, you don,t have to spend fortunes to build quality cars.
As for winning BIB no doubt Dan Donati will be a very strong contender.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
i dont really agree with the whole BiB thing as I dont see the hobby as a competition of any kind. the cars are the BiB going by the criteria of 3/4 people and their rules, not everyone likes the style the cars are built in and for me shinier doesnt mean better or quality.

I appreciate them for what they are but i wouldnt want to own one,

russ i agree with your sentiment but remember money cant buy taste ;)

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
i dont really agree with the whole BiB thing as I dont see the hobby as a competition of any kind. the cars are the BiB going by the criteria of 3/4 people and their rules, not everyone likes the style the cars are built in and for me shinier doesnt mean better or quality.

I appreciate them for what they are but i wouldnt want to own one,

russ i agree with your sentiment but remember money cant buy taste ;)
Me too, a award for mostly cars from the northern scene, some cracking cars have won over the years, but you aint gonna see Carl Friths 34 at any indoor show more likely being driven with a quick blast up the strip for good measure!!!

·
Banjo snapper.
3,507 Posts
i think most of the cars that have one it have been pro built by hammond or homegrown hotrods.it would be nice for a owner built car to win it.
Franks '34 won it twice as already mentioned & Chris Adam won it with his '40 Ford, these are two cars that spring to mind that weren't shop built, I'm sure there are others.

Steve Lang said he had no intention of entering his '32 for BiB as he wasn't prepared to have people climb all over it picking fault & wished people would see it for what it is, just a car. Very humbling.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Steve Lang said he had no intention of entering his '32 for BiB as he wasn't prepared to have people climb all over it picking fault & wished people would see it for what it is, just a car. Very humbling.
Call me cynical, but surely a 'pro' builder like Steve couldnt find better way to advertise his business than to enter his '32 in BiB?

Sorry but I think someone who loves to post pics of every nut n bolt that goes on there car has a bit of an ego and would love to win BiB.

I reckon some of the cars being mentioned in other posts built by others, must have swayed his decision to see his '32 as 'just a car' and not BiB.

Might have offended some, but I always speak as I find

·
Premium Member
2,341 Posts
You'll all be pleased to know that I won't be entering my truck ...just so as to give everyone else a chance ;)
Very sporting of you Kev, what the hobby is all about, helping out fellow rodders :D

Cheers,

Stu.

·
Banjo snapper.
3,507 Posts
Call me cynical, but surely a 'pro' builder like Steve couldnt find better way to advertise his business than to enter his '32 in BiB?

Sorry but I think someone who loves to post pics of every nut n bolt that goes on there car has a bit of an ego and would love to win BiB.

I reckon some of the cars being mentioned in other posts built by others, must have swayed his decision to see his '32 as 'just a car' and not BiB.
That's exactly what I'd have thought mate, I don't think Jon Goldings wins over the years have done him any harm business wise. I think there must be something wrong with me as I seem to be the only person that readily admit that it'd be a bit special to be invited to compete at such a level & a touch mind blowing to win, anyone that says they don't care whether anyone likes their car or they wouldn't be pleased to win a trophy at any level aren't being 100% truthful with themselves.

·
capriac
1,811 Posts
That's exactly what I'd have thought mate, I don't think Jon Goldings wins over the years have done him any harm business wise. I think there must be something wrong with me as I seem to be the only person that readily admit that it'd be a bit special to be invited to compete at such a level & a touch mind blowing to win, anyone that says they don't care whether anyone likes their car or they wouldn't be pleased to win a trophy at any level aren't being 100% truthful with themselves.
Same as that!

1 - 20 of 104 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.