Rods 'n' Sods banner

41 - 60 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
That's interesting, although my daughter and her fiancee who live in Wellington travel (fly) freely within NZ I'm not allowed into the country from the UK, so either you have the wrong information or we do. I thought China was the first place that flights were banned from last March.
One of my customers went to NZ 9 months ago and he is still there, cant get home, they renewed his Visa again and again, MOTd his car while he went and its nearly run out of test again stood at my place LOL

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
You'd think at least some of those at home on furlough could be put to work with some voluntary tasks, cleaning, fetching and carrying, putting out the rubbish, to help he effort wouldn't you? A lot of folk might welcome the chance to get out of the house!

·
Registered
791 Posts
"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State. -

Joseph Goebbels

·
Registered
791 Posts
intereting to see Ellon Musks take on things .. I kinda like this guy but at the same time I loathe him .. I can explain it, probably mainly his push for inevitability ( electric stuff) and I feel he's speeding up the end of my pleasure ,, but other wise he's a smart smart cookie that thinks rationally ( even though I think going to Mars is a bit flakey) , Yet at the same time he is 1000% grounded .. solid as a rock .. and a total fruit loop at the same time and totally on the ball.. Makes him totally rational ..

·
Stroker
5,440 Posts
Blimey! What a guy! Never heard of him and he's worth $150 billion :eek:

Wise words questioning the whole strategy.

Reminded me why I banged on about empty beds (as an aside the covid allocated empty beds stateside cost them money).

That feeling of being controlled and manipulated has put off an awful lot of people, me included and I've got the front line t-shirt (albeit not where the real crush was, is and will be for a while - ITU wards etc).

Elon mentions providing suitable data, not stats wrapped up in what is now perceived as smoke n mirrors.

Deaths that covid played a large part in not that you had it recently.
Que story about getting run over by a bus and coughing as you die #coviddeath

It was just a few weeks back when UK deaths were @ 45,000+
Now we're hurtling towards what appears to be the ultimate weapon of 100,000 souls.

One can't help but be cynical after all this :( *

Had my jab last week, didn't grow another limb but had severe aches n pains, felt crap and temp of 39.0 lol

I feel I must end on a positive ish note. After the top four levels of vulnerable/key workers have been jabbed by March this will all blow over!!! Surely!! Elon claims mortality is very low under 60.

We'll see, as Red said when the dust settles and little white lies don't cut it no more they better ease up on us lot!!
FFS I've only done 73 miles in ma hot rod and the Mot's coming up again. I've not done a tank of gas in a year :evil:

*yes I do understand no matter what is said and done it has been a horror for so many people :cry:

·
Administrator
9,504 Posts
I'm not a covid 'fearer' but you have to be careful with stats.

DEATHS of under 60's may only be 400 (which is good) but what are the stats for under 60's that were hospitalised and ventilated? They could be 600,000 (this is a completely made up figure by me) so stats can portray whatever you want them to if you are discreet in which stats you choose to use.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Same as you have to differentiate deaths OF covid and WITH covid. We all know any deaths within 28 days of a pos covid test is counted as a covid death, whatever the cause....

Will it be a case that more usual 'death' causes will be counted if someone dies within 28 days of a vaccination, to massage the numbers the other way and artificially promote the effectiveness of the vaccine?

Just a thought

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
The problem is COVID has become the new pneumonia,
So easy to fill out the death certificate with it,
I can’t remember the last time someone died with anything else !

·
Exceeded sell by date
7,739 Posts
For me it's not just about death. Seeing the effect of Long Covid on a previously healthy 40 yr old has upset me as much, if not more than, the deaths I know of.

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
the way the numbers are calculated, you can feel iffy, have a positive test, do 10 days isolation, feel better, go out, be normal, get run over by a bus, it's a covid death!
over 84k deaths by getting hit by a bus ?? think they need to ban them , they seem dangerous

·
Administrator
9,504 Posts
Although the 'deaths with Covid' does skew the 'actual' reason for death, it's an agreed way of measuring across the world for level comparisons.

It may be skewed - but it's skewed equally across the world so the statistics are comparable.

If they tried to separate the actual reason for death it would take far too much resources which currently they do not have.

Something that is unarguable with though is the deaths per month compared with previous years - it is a fact that we have a huge increase in the average death rate.

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
Although the 'deaths with Covid' does skew the 'actual' reason for death, it's an agreed way of measuring across the world for level comparisons.

It may be skewed - but it's skewed equally across the world so the statistics are comparable.

If they tried to separate the actual reason for death it would take far too much resources which currently they do not have.

Something that is unarguable with though is the deaths per month compared with previous years - it is a fact that we have a huge increase in the average death rate.
yep, seen the average figures for the year the other day (just over 84k), thats about 1k off the number of deaths recorded (just over 83k), which i guess some people will just say proves that the media and gov are telling us a pack of lies and nothing is happening apart from us being "controlled"

·
Registered
3,459 Posts
The way I see we are talking about the number of people dying but who is counting the people that are going in and out of hospital with Covid and recovering?
This maybe a far more important statistic.
I know of one person that has died of Covid but at least five people that have been into hospital, put on oxygen ventilation etc and survived. I wonder what would have happened if they had not been hospitalised....

·
Administrator
9,504 Posts
Scottie,???

I just checked with the Office of National Statistics - these are deaths in England and Wales (not inc Scotland).
2019 deaths for the year; 530,841
2020 deaths till Dec 1st (Dec stats not in yet) 551,326
Estimated deaths for 2020 extrapolating the increase of the last 3 months of 2020 are 608,326

So not sure where your 1000 comes from but thats 77,845 more deaths this year over last year.

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
Scottie,???

I just checked with the Office of National Statistics - these are deaths in England and Wales (not inc Scotland).
2019 deaths for the year; 530,841
2020 deaths till Dec 1st (Dec stats not in yet) 551,326
Estimated deaths for 2020 extrapolating the increse of the last 3 months of 2020 are 608,326

So not sure where your 1000 comes from but thats 77,845 more deaths this year over last year.
i meant the above average figure was about 1000 different from the gov death figure , ive edited it to make it clearer :)

41 - 60 of 77 Posts