Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
*pics of all items to follow once uploaded*

same deal as before, I will remove items from the list once sold, so if its gone from the list then its paid for and gone!

all the following bracketry will require a bit of grinding up to be reused, but the welds holding it all on were total birdshit so you wont have much trouble getting them good :p
much cheaper than buying them new, and easier than making your own. check the pop browns catalog for full specs.

1. pop browns lazercut panhard rod bracket, (for axle), used. £5

5. BSA bantam speedo drive unit (probably fits other too) rare/usually broken. excellent condition, £25.

6. new-ish paddy hopkirk gutter mount roofrack, fits any car with external gutters, all totally adjustable for width, etc. original black paint with paddy hopkirk logos and plastic covers for brackets, paint a bit scraped in places. £25.

10. McGuard locking wheel nuts, thatcham approved, m12x1.25, fine thread, nissan, volvo, etc. taper seat. perfect chrome. set of 4 with tool, inc. that most retro of items, a film canister to keep it in!! £15

11. pair of pop browns split wishbones/hairpins drop brackets. used. (still have a fair old chunk of chassis rail bottom plate attached to them so good to grind back) £10.

12. a corgi model stacklight merc. approx 5-1/4" long, opening doors and boot. £4

13. drag racing pictoral No.4, by car craft/hot rod, and rod & custom magazines. dated 1971. 60 odd full colour drag car pics, with small captions across the bottom- some single pages and some full pages. good condition, a few marks on cover but not dog ear'd. £15.

14. mazda mx5 stick on chrome interior bits. dash vent trims and window switch surround. £15/lot.

15. momo hornpushes. genuine ones. yellow single wire, brand new never fitted £13. black one is SOLD.

16. glowplugs for VW non-turbo diesel engines- 1.6 etc. set of 4, bought for my caddy but I never fitted em. £9.

17. ford 9" brakes. 5x4.5" complete setup. large bearing. drums and backplates have been blasted and painted gloss black. one sides shoes are contaminated (leaky hub seal) so need replacing or reshoeing. both side cyls are good. £60 the lot.

18. nissan 300zx clutch, non-turbo model. brand new 3pc kit, never fitted. £30.

19. fancy building a gasser? f100 axle with kingpins, spindles, and modded/smoothed out steering arms- add brakes and a trackrod and youre good to go.
£50.
i can make you a trackrod for a bit extra has i have the correct taps and dia. tubing.

model A centre roof rail. the one above the B-pillar. slight kink in middle but good and solid and otherwise undamaged. from a 28-29. £25

21. pair of unidentifiled 18" rims. 18x9.5J et35 5x114.3. 5 spoke, hollow spoke, like new except for slight ding/kerbing on one(pictured). sorry, pair only. £75.

22. sierra dash gauges with tacho. £10.

23. ford 9" rear brake shoes- for 11" drums, 2-1/4" wide. almost brand new. £15.

single mk2 jag/daimler steel wheel. 5x15", 5x4.75" bolt pattern. good as a spare. £15.

postage extra, items located in colchester, but I make it to southend and kingston too. yes I take paypal as a gift or you pay fees, can post no problem.

·
Global Warmer
1,200 Posts
Micrometer £15 please.

PM me payment details

P.

·
Registered
555 Posts
same deal as before, I will remove items from the list once sold, so if its gone from the list then its paid for and gone!

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
it was paid for whist i was offline, so hadnt updated the thread when you asked......... i dont have time to sit watching my email all day and updating the second things are paid for. its usually one update in a morning and one late on it the evening.

i now have updated the thread and have removed/annotated all things that have sold.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Who asked to buy it then ?

Perhaps, It may be a good idea to have purchasers post there requests here online, so that everyone knows just what is and what isn't available!

Over the last couple of weeks, on three occasions, stuff I've tried to buy, has been saved for whoevers mate around the corner, or suchlike.
Its a real pisser!

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
it was sold via PM, i gave out paypal details that morning at about 11, you asked about it at 4.44pm, when i came back on in the evening about 10 it had been paid for. all fair and its not a 'mates' deal, ive got no idea who the person who bought it is.
sorry i wont say who has bought it, ile let them reply if they want to, as they obviously wanted to keep the purchase private hence contact me via PM, so i have to respect that.

i think youll find at least 3/4 of the stuff on here sells via PMs rather than open discussions on the forum- same on most forums i use actually. i dunno if its just rodders are a secretive bunch, or its the englishness of not wanting to discuss money in public!!!

sorry youve missed out on other purchases, but it was simply a case of someone else asked and paid before you did.
i make sure im fair on the cronology of requests for parts, referencing the time of PMs to replies on thread, and even cross-referencing those times between different forums i use.
sorry you feel so hard done by!!!

·
Registered
228 Posts
Hi did you get mail about roof rack as not had reply, also interested in beam axle can you tell me the overall width and were front springs locate on beam, how far apart is that measurment ie chassis width i think ?
Thank you

·
Registered
228 Posts
Apoligise did not see above i need specs, im wearing them.
not sure on roof rack posting, will you be going to any events soon as i am trying to keep costs down as out of work at mo.
Thanks if you can get measurments.
Steve.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts