Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i would like to make my pictures appear bigger when i post them how do i do this ..

thanks in advance for any help..

steve

·
Premium Member
4,207 Posts
i would like to make my pictures appear bigger when i post them how do i do this ..

thanks in advance for any help..

steve
Me too Steve !,and i have had the process explained to me very expertly,and i have to say i am now convinced that i (poss,we) are fuckin stupid (where IT is concerned)Bry

·
Official Drag Addict....
7,446 Posts
Me too Steve !,and i have had the process explained to me very expertly,and i have to say i am now convinced that i (poss,we) are fuckin stupid (where IT is concerned)Bry
me three.............:wanker:

Sid.

·
[url=http://www.nobrain.d
14,365 Posts
This sound long winded but believe me it only take 30,sec, once you got the hang of it

Ok this is so easy there's a lot of ways to do it these two are what I use
Open a account here http://photobucket.com/ take only a few minutes to do.
Once you've open your account you will see a screen like this ,but your one will
have no photos showing,now you need to upload them from you computer (if they are not on you PC, Ill get to that in a mo,) ok look at the pic, below the red circles are what you click to upload your Pic,

I use "Old uploader" you can do three at a time there, so click on it and this screen will come up

Now click browse and a box will come up

you need go to where you keep you Pic,s once you found your Pic, folder click on the Pic, you want ten click Open it will now go back to the photobucket screen....Click the upload blue button and it will start to upload the Pic, you picked,(can take up to 45 sec,perPic,) once that as happened this screen will come up

You can add a Title if you want now click "Return to Album"
and you will see the pic, that you had just uploaded.
Hold you Pointer over the Pic and a small box will drop down
copy the bottom the line in Blue see below

Now that's the line you paste in on the forum and it will show your Pic,

As I said This sound long winded but believe me it only take 30,sec, once you got the hang of it

Now if you see a Pic, on another Web-page and you want to save it
Right Click over the Pic and a box will come up see below

Click save Pic,to you Pic, folder
If you don't want to save it but you want to place it on the forum
Right click over Pic,but this time Click properties a box will come up
copy the URL< Address see below

Now place that address between these

and paste the whole thing onto the forum the pic, will work 99% of the time

It just come to mind you do know how to Copy and paste ?
If not let me know

Good Luck..........:tup:

Bob......:smoke:

·
Premium Member
4,385 Posts
Brilliant Bob, i'll give it a try tomorrow.

I've been drinking that stuff again and my face has gone all pointy. LOL.
Rog.

·
Registered
7,436 Posts
Or you can use the Rods 'n' Sods free image hosting :tup:

As per the guide here --> http://www.rodsnsods.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=305

RnS image hosting won't delete pervy pics from your account or randomly delete any others when it feels like it either :tup:

Overview: The following tutorial is a step by step guide on how to upload a single image into your account using the Rods 'n Sods Image Hosting.

Rods 'n Sods Image Hosting is available to ALL registered users via the 'Image Hosting' button on the menu above.

**Note**
It may help to open the Image Hosting area in a seperate browser window or tab so that you can flick between the two for uploading and posting multiple images

Uploading The Image

Step 1.

Scroll to the top of the page. There you will see the menu bar with an icon labelled 'Image Hosting', click the image and it will open the menu with the links to view your images, upload images and view all users images (this last option is only useable if users have set their images to be public).

Click 'Upload an image'.

Step 2.

First off is to find the image you want to upload on your computer. Click the 'Browse' button on the right of an image slot and it will open up a file explorer box.

Browse through the folders to find the image you want to upload then double-click the image or select the 'Open' button with the image highlighted.
(Repeat this step if you want to upload more than one image by using the other available slots)

** IMPORTANT **
The maximum size for an image that can be uploaded is 1024 x 1024 pixels and upto 1MB file size. Anything above that will be refused with an error message. If your images are larger than that they will need to be resized prior to uploading.

Next click the 'Host It' button. This may take a while depending on the size of the image you upload and your internet connection speed. Once the image has uploaded you will be taken to your pictures hosting home page.

The image(s) you've just uploaded should appear at the start of the list.

Posting The Images In a Message

Step 1.

Find the image you have uploaded (either by continuing from the instructions above or by clicking the Image Hosting Icon and then the 'My Images'.

Step 2.

Right click in the 'BB Code IMG' box and choose 'Select All'. Now copy the link by right clicking again and choose 'Copy' (or by press 'ctrl' + 'c').

Step 3.

Now go to your post, right click in the text box and select 'Paste' (or press 'ctrl' + 'v'), and that's it!

Repeat the steps for any other images you want to display.

Click 'preview' under the text box to check it appears how you want, then click submit to share with the rest of the Rods 'n Sods world!

·
Registered
7,436 Posts
Ooops,

Looks like I need to update that guide. The upload size is upto 5000x5000 pixels and the software will automagically resize your image down to 1024 pixels on the longest side for you :tup:

Also the file size limit is 3MB.

With the new server limits can be increased and we should hopefully be able to begin hosting videos :woohoo:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts