Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
jets and spares are available cheap mate - for the popular jap carbs anyway, but tbh if that was the route you'd be looking at kev i'd go for bike throttle bodies instead :tup:

·
Banned
4,274 Posts
Was reading about these the other week, main reasons seem to be......space, as Chris says there cheap and they recon you get smother running low down than a pair of 40 / 45's,and they hold their settings longer, manifolds for popular engines ie pinto are out there,

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Be careful about which ones you go for. some are a complete bitch to dial in, even on the bike engine they came off!
Avoid Keihins and go for Mikunis. CV carbs are most common but watch out for split diaphrams.
agreed - plus you could easily get hold of a dynojet kit for the mikunis so you'd have a box of different jets/ springs to play with :tup:

·
Registered
4,088 Posts
Be careful about which ones you go for. some are a complete bitch to dial in, even on the bike engine they came off!
Avoid Keihins and go for Mikunis. CV carbs are most common but watch out for split diaphrams.
i have quite some experience with flatslide keihins and i just love them. bit tricky to jet them properly, but they work very well, put them on zetecs, toyota 4age, opel CiH, beetles and ford sierra 2l dohc (daily driver)
mikuni's are the easier choice indeed.
pascal

·
Registered
889 Posts
If fitting Dynojet nedles make sure there are no machinng marks on them as I have seen the Dynojet nedles ware out the emulsion tubes in the carb body. Just run your finger nail up and down the nedles to check for groves if ther are any rub them out with brasso :tup:

·
Registered
200 Posts
A picture of my TR7, Makuni,s on rover. Was a good idea at the time but I've installed them at the wrong angle. They will only rev to 5500 rpm. I'm now in the process of taking the engine out and fitting bike injection. Does'nt matter about the angle of the throttle bodies. Motor vehicle Automotive air manifold Gas Auto part Automotive exterior

Yellow Motor vehicle Gas Auto part Automotive air manifold

·
Banjo snapper.
3,507 Posts
Kev

My cousin's got bike injection on his Zetec, revs like a bastard. Give Dave Colledge a call at Retro Ford, he's been using bike carbs on four pots for years, tell him I sent you, that way you'll be treated with contempt!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.