Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
ive been doing these for a while now (mainly for mopars) but can now offer them for chevy aswell, they are cnc machined from aircraft grade aluminium and (unlike many you can buy) guarunteed not to warp and leak in 6 months. they dont come with gaskets or a stat just the housing. i can do these for £25 including postage. i cant seem to post pics here so if you want pics let me know and i can email them.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Just a suggestion if you a making these yourself from billet why not make it with a groove for the use of an o-ring instead of a gasket ?

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i did look at the O ring option but having looked at the state of some manifolds if antifreze isnt used and speaking to people who have used O ring ones it seems they are ok on a new manifold but can be a problem on an older manifold.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Looks good Trev I thinking of getting one but have a question as the bottom part looks to be a good thickness would it be posible to have the 2 fixing holes made to take flush fitting allen bolts ?

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The base is thick enough to have counterbored holes, i will have a look as soon as i get back in the workshop.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts