Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just watching it on TV, I just think its brill, just looking at a deserted Gas station and Motel on Route 66, just done the Caddillac Ranch, ace, gotta do that before I die! brill soundtrack too, is it me or is this just the nuts.

·
Registered
12,507 Posts
It the huge open spaces, 100's of miles between stops and that constant wind that makes it for me!

·
Premium Member
8,067 Posts
gotta watch on catch up at the weekend, again a before i die mission that will probably never happen!

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
A lot of the old route 66 is really torn up and in need of repair but I dont think that'll happen anytime soon.

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
Great programme spoilt only by the presence of a two-faced, condescending 'presenter'.

Used to love him as a comedian, hate him in this prog. . . .but that's just my opinion.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
I have been watching it just wish it wasn't Billy fronting it, I have never liked him.
I am hopefully riding 66 in the next couple of years.
Hope your going to join us Roger and Christine.

·
Chuckinmuck since 1966
1,125 Posts
Amazing to see the empty - ghost town - that was left after they re routed the main drag - not sure that I would want to be the only resident.

As for BC - funny with a script on stage but not sure that he was the best person to present it.

·
My name is Martin
2,621 Posts
Need to watch this. I've got a book on driving route 66. Something I need to do. Preferably utilising a time machine too.

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
:tup:Great prog but BC isn't the sharp witted guy he used to be. Have to agree Robby Coltrane any day. He already did the American thing in an early 50's Caddy and fell in love with the car and exported it back to Scotland, sheer quality.

·
Premium Member
5,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
have to agree brill programme, fronted by the best man for the job, Billys face when the indian guys mobile phone rang...........lol
Yeah, kin wet myself, thats got to be the funnyest thing ive seen in ages! Last thing you expect from a witch doctor!

1 - 20 of 57 Posts