Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 20 of 160 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
(following on from comments elsewhere...)

Surely, Birmingham could / should have a (Monthly ?) Meet ?

Central location makes it VERY possible for folks to drive from ...

Lichfield / Tamworth / Black Country / Coventry / Leicester / Worcestershire, etc., etc.

We're an hour + away (and really not into organising such things) but someone here might want to pick up on the idea ?

Ideal would be either reasonably Central or close to M'way (M42 ?) so people can access easily without negotiating suburbia.

Perhaps a few suggestions / ideas regarding a venue where there's sufficient parking and perhaps somewhere to grab a drink / bite ?

·
Premium Member
6,015 Posts
Thats wired. My missis and 2 of her friends have gone there today. Jewelery quarter I think.. I expect a rather large debit to my CC account:sniff:
Its close enough for a visit for me, so go for it. There is a place just off the 42 with a few eateries, cant remember where but I could find it. ben & gerrys, Fudruckers etc etc

·
Premium Member
13,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Classic exmple, Gerry ^^^

The potential catchment area is huge, so even if people can't get there every time, there should be enough each time to make it interesting.

There's always lots going on 'down South' - (too far for us to attend regularly) & Birmingham IS 'the Second City' - so numbers could be good...

Over to You, fellas...

·
Premium Member
6,015 Posts
Could be called the 'Chocolate Run' That way we could 'dupe' the girls to come along as well, with promises of sweet, dark. delicious treets to be

·
Premium Member
1,196 Posts
i did a small one in halesowen til me car got killed so once i got tina up and running i was going to do something maybe at the harvester on coventry rd which is 2.6 mile but yet to ask if its ok for them
from what i can think theres nothing central with a big car park ... i think

·
Semi Proffessional Prat
3,489 Posts
And shopping for Dorrisses whilst the blokes talk cars????

·
Premium Member
13,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Merry HELL , more like...

A good few years since I had a good knowledge of Brum, is there a good American - style DINER anywhere ??

·
Registered
43 Posts
The Bowling Green meet at Lichfield was always good, haven't been for a while though.
Its still going but numbers are falling, like most meets they start off good but end up without many going, round the north of birmingham theres a few meets, like the Hollybush just outside shenstone, bowling green in lichfield, Saracens head just outside staffordshire, and a classsic/custom meet at four ashes which has a very good turnout (mostly classic though). and the yew tree just by cannock also not bad turnout

Problem for us is £15 fuel £20 drink/food four/five times a month gets a bit steep ! lol :D

Paul ( must sort my own login ! lol.)

·
Registered
930 Posts
Becketts was stopped last year, crowds egging 'hot rodders' to do burnouts.
You know, those hot rodders in Cosworths and Subaru's :tdown:

·
Premium Member
13,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
^^^ if it's the one i think it is ... easy enough access, no issues with parking & a few food/drink outlets... could be on a shortlist , cheers Paul

·
Registered
634 Posts
Wasn't there a load of trouble at Merry Hill with the rice burner criusers some years ago and they close the carparks off at night?
They do close off some of it, but im pretty sure its the bit round the back, theres naff all around there anyway.

I'm not sure its the best place as it's chav central, especially on an evening. If there was a decent pub just off a motorway junction then that would be a better bet i reckon :tup:

1 - 20 of 160 Posts