Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

481 - 486 of 486 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #481
woohoo! i found the pedal box bushing kit and pedal rubbers i got from brewers for the manual pedal box. i can now get it sorted and fitted, another step closer.
neil.

·
Premium Member
14,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #483
i decided to hang the headers before fitting the flywheel, clutch, bellhousing and trans' as i'd have more room. i couldn't believe there'd be enough room on the drivers side so i swapped the thicker motor mount to that side. i then lifted the motor up on my transmission jack and removed the steering centre link which goes through the drivers side header then wiggled the headers into place, holding them there by shoving a small screwdriver into each end bolt hole. then i lowered the motor and it sat lop sided..... bugger! the offset of the studs on the mounts is greater on the thinner mount so they have to be fitted as per the instructions. so i removed them again and swapped them back but now the drivers side header sat on the power steering box, but this was easily fixed with 2 x 3/16" steel plates slotted so i could fit them either side of the mount. lowered again it now all clears, it's very close but there is room. once everything's bolted up i can dent them if i need to, fingers crossed i don't.
so a lot of mucking about for a simple job but with the whole job taking about 3 hours i've done worse.
neil.

Attachments

·
Registered
575 Posts
I remember fitting some Blackjack headers on my 340 Challenger, pig of a job. Had to torch one bit as it touched rocker cover!! and made it hard to get at plugs on l/h side.

·
Premium Member
14,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #485
yep, on my challenger i had to use a plug socket that had an external hex end to put a spanner on for the rear 2 plugs drivers side.
not as bad as my 65 dart i put a 440 into and made fenderwell headers for, that was really tight for plug changes.

·
Premium Member
14,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #486
i just bought a manual steering box from a guy in the mma (mopar muscle association) so i probably won't need to ding the stainless headers now. (y)
neil.

481 - 486 of 486 Posts