Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
561 - 567 of 567 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #561 ·
until the dash cap arrives the interior is done, well it's useable
:D

i found a gearstick gaitor that'll work, i just need to make a base 'ring' bit with a raised lip that the elasticated bottom can loop over. i even fitted the new brake and clutch pedal rubbers and cleaned all of the windows. boy, clean glass makes a lot of difference that's for sure. i even got dawn under the car on my lift holding a spanner while i was up in the car bolting the seats down. i think it's the first time she's ever actually worked on one of my cars
:shock:
. i may take it out this evening once it cools down a bit, if not a mate's coming round in the morning to look at some paintwork on the cortina that's arriving tonight so we'll go out then while it's cooler.
FINALLY.....
:thumbright:

neil.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,261 Posts
Cushty.
Those merc seats look right at home there.

·
Premium Member
14,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #564 ·
the test drive went well
:thumbright:

no leaks and everything works as it should, the brakes (still stock drums up front) are as expected and i can see discs being fitted there soon. they're not bad but not up to idiots with modern abs brakes doing an emergency stop in front of me good either. the gear lever may get shimmed slightly over towards the passenger's side (2" ish) as it's close to the steering wheel when selecting reverse.
the dash cap arrived this morning so i can trim the old one and get that glued in place when i get some time, the cortina jobs, the rebuild of the 383 big block and a back log of honey do's need doing first after spending over a week getting the valiant mobile
:roll:

no video of the drive out as i was on my own.
cheers, neil.

·
Premium Member
14,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #565 ·
i tried to order a speedo drive gear from brewers yesterday but they can't post to the uk any more, something to do with our vat. so i've got to contact my cousin in pennsylvania to make sure it's ok to have it sent to her and then have her forward it to me over here. what a pain
:(

neil.

561 - 567 of 567 Posts