2 rear tyres
2 headlamps that have water in
dim dip head lights button
horn/horn button
button to release the trunk
battery cutoff switch loose

he say all parts £500 then Labour

is that right?

Seems alllot of money??? Any advice? If there is another place I can goto I will take it there.

Thanks
Lisa x x

·
Premium Member
2,024 Posts
That does seem a little ridiculous, but again, what car is it? Rough idea of tyre size? Availability of headlamps etc?

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
button to release the trunk
battery cutoff switch loose
These are MoT failure items?!
Parts for £500 seems a bit pricey, but £1000-worth of labour?! That seems well out of the way. Still, easy for me to say from here. And I suppose you are in the south ...!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Lol I was expecting Audi R8 or something. Mot's have just stepped up a gear as in more items to fail easy for a garage to cash in on minor issues but all at testers descrepancy. so expect failure rate to go through the roof but still sounds expensive. I usually get away with giving a mate a hand with some of his stuff in return for competent mechanical skills to solve my problems and usually touch wood get away with just parts costs but that does seem like a massive bill.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Frank Sizer, he is in Berkhamsted, Herts, 01442 874926 Autobase restorations, he is on here as Runs9s, Im sure frank will be able to do a lot better than that.

·
Premium Member
2,024 Posts
That definitely sounds expensive, maybe worth putting an ad in the wanted section for the bits you need with some details, tyre sizes etc and i should imagine most of the bits would be offered up fairly quickly and a lot cheaper than what you've been quoted! :smoke:

·
Premium Member
4,385 Posts
That definitely sounds expensive, maybe worth putting an ad in the wanted section for the bits you need with some details, tyre sizes etc and i should imagine most of the bits would be offered up fairly quickly and a lot cheaper than what you've been quoted! :smoke:
You beat me to it, I was going to recomend Frank, I would be amazed if he cannot beat that price by a great deal. He knows his way around Firebirds as well.

Rog.

·
Premium Member
1,742 Posts
Frank Sizer, he is in Berkhamsted, Herts, 01442 874926 Autobase restorations, he is on here as Runs9s, Im sure frank will be able to do a lot better than that.
Thanks for that tip - he is local to me and its nice to have details of local - his name is now in my little black book

·
Semi Proffessional Prat
3,489 Posts
Female woman. check
American car. check
Sucking air through teeth. possibly.

I would bet money that if a greasy bloke had took it to him, the price quoted wouldn't be anywhere as high.

·
Premium Member
4,452 Posts
remove the headlight bulbs, blow hot air from a hairdryer into the bulb holes in the headlights, sorted.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts