Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Rod'a'holic
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1) What speed rating tyres will I need on the with Coupe Nissan 200sx running gear 1.8L turbo?

2) Do I really need headlamp washers :roll: if so are some simple screen wash jets Ok and is there some stupid rule about bottle capacity?

Thanks

Rich

·
Off the Xmas card list
24,515 Posts
Hi Rich, tyres must be capable of constant speed running at the cars maximum design speed. If you use the same spec as the donor car you should be OK ,unless you have altered the overall gearing ?

The wash /wipe applies ONLY to Gas Discharge headlamps , 'not' normal units.

·
Rod'a'holic
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The top speed of the 200 is 148 MPH so I will need V rated If I have to buy new it makes sense to get 16" so I can use them on the parts chaser.

I will have a look at some part worn locally that may be an option.

The tyres on the chrome wheels are hardly worn Uniroyal and Firestone but are not rated enough, i do not have a problem with making the fenders fit temp wheels and changing them latter.

Stud pattern is 5 stud 4.5" which is the pattern of latter 200SX S14's.

Rich

·
Off the Xmas card list
24,515 Posts
Part worns aren't an issue as their concerns are with correct tyrewall lettering.

The reason they havet o be rated to cars top speed even though we are not legally allowed to achieve that over here is that the vehicle is passed as being to European safety specs and so could be sold /used in countries where true top speed is legally achievable.

·
Rod'a'holic
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Now sorted, the tyres on the 34 coupe have the correct rating so I will use them:tup:

I now know what gas discharge lights are BTW Kev

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.