Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Exceeded sell by date
7,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Car Cruz, Regular Car Club Events

I heard a whisper of this the other night and then got this just now. Now Blackbushe was a favourite track of mine and I would love to see something happening there but something does not ring right about this? Maybe I'm a cynic or a suspicious old fool but the advertising looks a bit 'sweeping statement' to me. Up to 15,000 cars? Where are they coming from then? A new forum as well?
Anybody have some solid info to back this up and make me happy?:shocked:

·
Super Moderator
7,399 Posts
Not for me thankyou..............

·
Banned
4,274 Posts
£5 per car or person ? and wheres the cruise ? with in the grounds ? more info needed i think but if we could get back to the good old days where it all started for me it would be great.

·
Registered
491 Posts
and wheres the cruise ? with in the grounds ?

more info needed i think but if we could get back to the good old days where it all started for me it would be great.
from the website Steve highlighted

"We are excited to announce the opening of the new outdoor circuit for motor cruising and bike cruising.
Situated at Blackbushe market, on the A30 between Basingstoke and Camberley, we can accommodate up to 15,000 cars.
During race events there will be entertainment for children, food and beverages and there are toilet facilities. "

Ummm........... would be great (apart from the £5 entry),

race events ? this is what they list
"RACE FORMATS
• ¼ Mile Drag Races
• Competitions
• Time Trials
• Best in Category
• Best Turn Out For Clubs
• Modified Cars "

·
Premium Member
2,087 Posts
Why knock it? why so cynical? It might be run by enthusiasts.. who knows, it might even be run by competent enthusiasts.. or maybe not..
Seems like a risky venture for a money grabbing businessman to start, there must be easier/safer ventures to risk your money on.
This may last a few months or it may be a huge success.. time will tell.

·
Registered
531 Posts
im going to give it a try ,even at a £5 what can you do for £5 these days

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
:yeahthat:
Isn't this the same as Damn Yankees events at North Weald ?
I guess those who find £5 on the gate to be a problem won't attend -problem solved .
I would go a step further and cctv all cars entering the site ,the idea being that when the inevitable happens and some chav does a bit of anti-social showing off [ the stuff some of you will remember from nights at the Ace ,old days at Guildford etc etc.... ] they can be identified ,with none of the usual lame denials after the cruise is ruined / stopped by the authorities ...

·
Banned
4,274 Posts
:yeahthat:
Isn't this the same as Damn Yankees events at North Weald ?
I guess those who find £5 on the gate to be a problem won't attend -problem solved .
I would go a step further and cctv all cars entering the site ,the idea being that when the inevitable happens and some chav does a bit of anti-social showing off [ the stuff some of you will remember from nights at the Ace ,old days at Guildford etc etc.... ] they can be identified ,with none of the usual lame denials after the cruise is ruined / stopped by the authorities ...
Can,t say that ! you will have comments left :lol:

http://www.rodsnsods.co.uk/forum/what-where-when/ssr-firework-party-47731

·
Exceeded sell by date
7,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Why knock it? why so cynical? It might be run by enthusiasts.. who knows, it might even be run by competent enthusiasts.. or maybe not..
Seems like a risky venture for a money grabbing businessman to start, there must be easier/safer ventures to risk your money on.
This may last a few months or it may be a huge success.. time will tell.
I'm hoping it will be a success as I have a fondness for Blackbushe. I have no problem with £5.00 entrance...If I go once and don't like it that's not much to lose. My questions arose because it came out of nowhere with a slick webpage. Lots of words but no substance if that makes sense? The old days at Blackbushe were about racing, rods and customs, the website tells me that will happen again but it doesn't make me feel that it will be in the same vein. I looked through the Facebook page and went a long way on the friends list without seeing any names I thought familiar. There might be racers and builders from other aspects of the hobby that I wouldn't know but I'm hoping for things that take me back to those old days. I'd be more than happy for somebody from the organisers to put my fears to rest but at present the advertising puts me off rather than turns me on.

·
Banjo snapper.
3,507 Posts
Does all look a little vague, being on the last Saturday of the month should catch on too!

·
Premium Member
2,087 Posts
The old days at Blackbushe were about racing, rods and customs, the website tells me that will happen again but it doesn't make me feel that it will be in the same vein. There might be racers and builders from other aspects of the hobby that I wouldn't know but I'm hoping for things that take me back to those old days.
It wont be the same as the old days, i dont imagine it will be wall to wall rods and yanks, to make it pay they will need to attract the Corsa and Scooby brigade as well.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Looks more like a jap/modified kind of event to me but if they`re trying to encourage Yanks & Rods as well then can`t be a bad thing.. I`ll probably pop along & check it out as it`s only 5mins up the road from me,could be a good point to head to Chelsea Bridge from as it`s last sat of the month

·
Premium Member
2,087 Posts
Looks more like a jap/modified kind of event to me but if they`re trying to encourage Yanks & Rods as well then can`t be a bad thing..
Theyve chosen to use a lot more Rod and Yank pics on their website than Jap car pics.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts