Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Off the Xmas card list
24,264 Posts
No, but best bet is to chcek out one of the Lotus models ( Eclat ?) a sthat wa sturbocharged blow through on Dells from the factory. Find an exploded diagram and see what's different ? Most Webers and dells take about 5 lbs without further mods apart from emulsion tubes which give more enrichment top end.

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
You will need a neoprene float as a brass one will collapse even with 5lbs boost. Make sure the carb hat is tall enough so the boost gets a straight shot at the boosters not blowing across them causing buffering. Bush the spindles to make them as tight as possible from leaking the boost. You could ask on yellow bullet forum. It has a dedicated supercharged section hosted by Steve Morris (the guru of blow through) or the turbo mustang forum. A guy called Brent has some tips on converting a Holley of which some will be relevent. You will also need a boost referenced fuel pressure regulator which is tapped into the boost above the carb. PSI and blow off valves are referenced under the carb throttle blades.

·
Premium Member
4,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, I'll have a look. I believe that DHLA's are already blower ready rather than just straight 40's.
I have quad 40's that I want to blow thru on my rover, just to be different......

·
Grown up? Never!
2,171 Posts
It looks like I'm just going to put the whole of my 45 inside a pressurised box, with the whole thing under pressure it should be fine :-/
It maybe an easy option for you?

Chaley

·
Premium Member
4,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Progress update:-

I have spoken to Dellorto and all the carbs need is a rising rate fuel pump and a blower conversion kit (£50+vat) and a shaft seal location being machined. Asd they are DHLA they are to all intense and purposes "blower ready".

I'll probably buy 1 kit first and look at how easily they are converted and go from there. So all being said and done a lot easier than expected

:tup:

It looks like I'm just going to put the whole of my 45 inside a pressurised box, with the whole thing under pressure it should be fine :-/
It maybe an easy option for you?

Chaley

1 - 11 of 11 Posts