Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
4,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anyone running a blown rover ? what crank pulley setup did you use ? i want to run a standard belt for the water pump and alt, I have my blower pulleys but need to know the best combo for the crank, Is there a thin single belt pulley in the model range ?

·
Pass the lump hammer
550 Posts
I'm sure Nigel at UK Blowers sells an aluminium crank single vee pulley that goes behind the the blower pulley, which he can also supply. If I remember right, the pulley drives the water pump at bit faster as well to help cooling.

·
Registered
89 Posts
rover pulley

hi the crank pulley to go for is off a p6 rover ,the pulley can be split so you can bore out your charger pulley and bolt to the 6 threaded holes in the pulley,i also used the p6 water pump,just press out the snout and press in a smaller slimmer pulley,
hope this helps

·
I'm a grown up drunk!
2,657 Posts
I've ran two blown rovers,
both times as above i've used the P6 damper which the V belt groove and the P6 waterpump,
The tooth drive blower pulley when machined bolts directly to the damper as stated above,
If the engine is a new build its always a good idea on blown motors to get the front snout of the crank and the damper machined to accept a total of 2 or 3 keyways, this way if you get a blowback through the intake it wont wreck the single keyway in the damper through the belt when the blower momentarily slows down,
ask me how i know?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts