Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Another problem with the Mercs is that they suffer with weak gearboxes whether it's a V6 or a V8.

I had a W210 E280 (2.8 V6) that snapped the main shaft in the box just as I rolled to a stop and I now have a W220 S320 (3.2 V6) that is just about to lunch it's second gearbox. A rebuild is £2k+, the car's not worth that much and matching a 2nd hand unit to my cars engine & gearbox electronics is the nightmare from hell.:sniff:

I'll stick with my SBC & TH350 in the Magnette thank you very much. Just imagine the TH350 I could have for £2k!:happy:

·
Rekindled Dream
2,064 Posts
why are BMW v8 engines so cheap secondhand,there are lots complete for only a few hundred pounds in various sizes,whats the matter with them?
Hi,

I was thinking the very same. You can get whole cars for around £500 - £800. I chose the V12 because of the look of it, weight is 230kg as it's all ali which will polish up nicely and it is spec'd at 300+bhp. I've searched the web and found this site which seems to answer all the fixit questions. Check it out http://bmwe32.masscom.net/

Good luck with yours.

Cheers ... Jon

21 - 22 of 22 Posts