Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've got a new tin of Unibond Repair Metal for Good, would it be ok for skimming over metal repair or should I get some P38?

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Search for "Why Spread the Bondo" by Gasolinescream on here. Lots of info. Also more threads if you search for filler or bondo etc. If you have a local paint supplier for automotive they are usually better for this sort of thing and sometimes free advice too. How did you get on with your small panel manufacture? Always good to get and give feedback as its informative. Dave

·
Registered
74 Posts
I've not used that before, aside from it being polyester based, what's in the pot? does it look like regular filler or a glass filler etc?

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Haven't opened the tin up, it might not be any good due to shelf life. Is it best to remove paint before putting on filler over dents etc?
Dave, I forgot about that, I spoke to a friend who's restoring a moggy pickup & he told me that piece was available as a repair panel. So I bought that, cheers :tup:

·
Registered
161 Posts
Its always good practise to remove all paint and primers in and around a dent to get maximum adhesion for the filler. I use U-pol Fantastic at work and I swear by it.
It does have a tendency to go off quite quick but it's lovely to block and gives super sharp edges if you need them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts