Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I work too much and can't decide.

I have a 69 beetle partially restored but needs engine out and rebuild and other welding do.

My other is a harley 45 also kinda there partially rebuilt motor ect ect

Finally have a 1450 harley twin cam motor in sneaking into a xs850 frame.

Just can't decide which to apply myself to our get rid off.

What would you go for?

·
Registered
861 Posts
I'd narrow it to the Beetle and the HD45. Too many projects, too much divided loyalty. Can't you get fired up by what others are doing on the respective forums.

·
Premium Member
4,151 Posts
I learnt years ago that you can only have one project, either wise you never get them on the road because you don’t have enough cash and you spread it too thinly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
14,196 Posts
Fuck me, take the worst bits of 2 things and put them together? A shitty rusty beetle and an underpowered 1920's designed V twin?!?

If he wanted to make something made up of shit parts surely he would buy a scimitar or a tvr !!!!

don't mince your words, say what you mean :lol:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Fuck me, take the worst bits of 2 things and put them together? A shitty rusty beetle and an underpowered 1920's designed V twin?!?

If he wanted to make something made up of shit parts surely he would buy a scimitar or a tvr !!!!

Lol

·
Registered
133 Posts
Fozwanger ...wash yer mouth out ...... Car or Bike ...that's not a choice to make ..... If any its which car AND which bike.

So Dontwash ..... well Beetle motors come out with 4 bolts if I remember from my beach buggy days.... So So I'd deffo get on that job and fix it up...beetles are always good.

Harley 45 ....OMG... I so so so want one of them in my shed..... You NEEEEEED to build that up.

As for the Twin Cam in an XS frame ..... For my money...waste of time and effort... XS frames needs way too much bracing to make a std Jap 4 work, they were better than the Zed frames but not by much, and mounting a twin cam in their will be a ton of work, thats a long motor in a short slot... And you'll have to swap the belt drive pulley to chain drive, which means you have to take the primary drive off, for which you need the harley pullers, cos they don't just pull apart like Triumph ...err but if you've built up a 45 then I guess you've got that covered

.... And Twin Cam motors are new enough to be desirable on their own, as long as you've swapped out the crappy original cam chain tensioner and fitted an S&S gear drive.
Just selling the motor will pay for the 45 build..... Sell the XS frame to one of these new age types, cos XS make rather cool cafe racers

Well that's my 2p worth :eek:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts