Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all

This is the gearbox I took out of my V8 Capri build. It would not drive in forward gears, but felt ok in reverse. Seemed to be slipping a lot.

I've since installed a replacement transmission.

This is the core Borg Warner Type 65 transmission (believed to be from an SD1).

It has a Rover tailshaft.

It has a Jaguar bellhousing (as I used the Rover one on my replacement).

It has a Jaguar torque converter with it.

I hope someone can make some use of it. If not, I'll take it to the tip.

Located in Hull

FREE TO GOOD HOME

Sorry, image is just one from Google. I don't have one available at the moment. Will grab one ASAP.
GRID005250.jpg

First "for sale" thread and I've gone and put a free item in the wrong section. Sorry admin. I'll do better next time.

·
Premium Member
6,015 Posts
Can you hold on till Wednesday? Just need to see about a couple of things.
Cheers
G

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry, no breather tube on it.....I had to reuse that.

Can hold until Wednesday, but I won't be about until the weekend. I popped it on the driveway this morning, but will try to sling a cover over it.

·
starting to crawl back up
3,029 Posts
any other bits ,, he asks cheekyly,,:incheek:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Spanners, what kind of stuff are you after? At the moment, I'm only looking to clear the usual left-overs from this project.

Got a set of M16 non-vented calipers in the tip pile as well. Not really sure on conditon. Seemed OK, but I just bought refurbed. That's about it at the moment. Will post up as I work through the garage.

·
3,029 Posts
Spanners, what kind of stuff are you after? At the moment, I'm only looking to clear the usual left-overs from this project.

Got a set of M16 non-vented calipers in the tip pile as well. Not really sure on conditon. Seemed OK, but I just bought refurbed. That's about it at the moment. Will post up as I work through the garage.
messing with a T,bucket and its got a BW trans but the shifter is a home made bodge job with a lokar stick cobbled on it so i may need something better or another old shifter to rob for bits
cheers

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
messing with a T,bucket and its got a BW trans but the shifter is a home made bodge job with a lokar stick cobbled on it so i may need something better or another old shifter to rob for bits
cheers
Ah, I see...... I've currently got a "home made bodge job" on mine. BW 65 shifters seem to be a pain to find. I do have a Jag BW65 shifter that I was playing with, but just couldn't get things to work in the confines of the Capri. I've narrowed the base a little, but the rest is still as Jag intended. It's a rear cable entry type. Took me a while to find and cost a fair bit. Any use to you? How would £10 feel?

I have a feeling we met at a Yorks Yanks meet once?.....I could always drop it at the next one, or happy to figure something out, if it's of use to you.

·
Premium Member
6,015 Posts
Hi
Hope I have not messed you around, but really cant use it at the moment. If I was you I would fle bay it for 50 quid as the classic boys are finding them hard to get hold of.
Thanks for your help.
Gerry

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi
Hope I have not messed you around, but really cant use it at the moment. If I was you I would fle bay it for 50 quid as the classic boys are finding them hard to get hold of.
Thanks for your help.
Gerry
No worries Fad15..... It wasn't a bother at all. It's still sitting there and I'll just take it when I do the next tip run. Might pop it on ebay if I get chance. Might just leave it where it is and see if it can help anyone else.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Hi,

could I arrange to get it transported at my cost ? I'd also pay you to put it on a small pallet ??

Going to a good home - My Phase 2 Vanguard Estate ! Still bidding on an engine.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi,

could I arrange to get it transported at my cost ? I'd also pay you to put it on a small pallet ??

Going to a good home - My Phase 2 Vanguard Estate ! Still bidding on an engine.
Sorry for the delayed reply. I didn't see the update on the thread.

Erm, I'm not against tranporting. Only thing is, it's really heavy, so could be expensive to courier. Also, I don't have any pallets...any idea where I could get one from....I know that sounds daft. You do realise it needs a proper rebuild? Just though it best to check. If you want one that will bolt straight in, there were a couple listed on ebay that were fairly cheap. I got my replacement one from a helpful Jag breaker for around £200, which was a lot less than a rebuild and it seems to be working nicely (which is more than can be said for the engine at the moment).

·
3,029 Posts
pallets are around the back of B & Q :whistle:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts