Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
V8 addict
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can you safely do a burnout with a borg warner 65 autobox?

This might sound like a silly question at first, but I know if you try and do this with a TH350 and let it shift from 1st gear to 2nd gear, there is a high probabilty of breaking the sprag clutch. Not good.
Is it the same story with the BW65?

Cheers,

JC.

·
Registered
616 Posts
I went through a set of rear tyres in about 3 months in my old 100e.
Rover V8, BW 65, cortina rear axle! and 13 inch wheels = loads of fun!
Ok so it only span one wheel but looked good from that side.
I used to put it in 1, not D, and then use the foot brake and floor it.
As for damaging the box?????? Didn't care :D

·
Registered
4,630 Posts
Can you safely do a burnout with a borg warner 65 autobox?

This might sound like a silly question at first, but I know if you try and do this with a TH350 and let it shift from 1st gear to 2nd gear, there is a high probabilty of breaking the sprag clutch. Not good.
Is it the same story with the BW65?

Cheers,

JC.
jesus man just friggin live a little ! find out in a cloud of smoke not on a poxy forum !

·
Registered
773 Posts
hey dood that morris z behind the 100e . has ran borg warner for eterinty . i think hes ran 10s with a 35 borg warner ,obviously pumped up a bit but ,hey.. oh and its runs a independant jag rear too ..gulp 10.6 i think was his best time.. i know wheretheres two boxes if your gets trashed..no probs

·
Registered
616 Posts
hey dood that morris z behind the 100e . has ran borg warner for eterinty . i think hes ran 10s with a 35 borg warner ,obviously pumped up a bit but ,hey.. oh and its runs a independant jag rear too ..gulp 10.6 i think was his best time.. i know wheretheres two boxes if your gets trashed..no probs
Yep been around for ever it seems. Did it used to run in the old rover challenge?
That was my first time on the track. Got my doors blown off all day long, (first run was against a pro street, small blocked canary yellow camaro!), but 'kin loved it!

·
Registered
773 Posts
Yep been around for ever it seems

ye he ran it in the rover challenge for quite a while ,he and me old man kind off grew up to gether building rods and stuff ,i remember that van when it was bubbles runnin pinto, think i was about ten ,, haha ill never forget building go karts in the court and all of a sudden all these rods came from nowhere,i didnt even know what they were ,but thought holy shit i want to do that when im older ...awesome feeling ,hes had that van for an eternity .. total respect to ken britton...must be 20 years plus..i reckon their married:pmsl: he just aint told his other half..

·
Registered
232 Posts
total respect to ken britton...must be 20 years plus..i reckon their married:pmsl: he just aint told his other half..
Hi guys, I was talking with Ken last week, and he tells me he`s had his van for. . .. .wait for it. . . . 33 years ( that`s gotta be a record eh ? )and says it`s the longest relationship he`s ever had !. . . .good for him I say !

I remember it blue with bubbles too Neil at some early 80`s shows.

John

·
Registered
773 Posts
I remember it blue with bubbles too Neil

yeh john,think it went into silver /green with britts plumbing up the side after that . looked well good .,.. kens a good bloke . ...cant wait for the new beast ...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts