Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Hellooooooooooooo, the event is drawing nearer & the website has proven very popular with another 2,000 hits in just the last couple of weeks!! If the weather's kind I think it's gonna be busy!! As a bit of fun I'm asking all those planning on coming along to leave a comment on what they're bringing & where they're from............. we had folks from Margate, Northampton & Weymouth last year & I thought it'd be a bit of fun to see who's coming in what & from where!
In the meantime I'd like to wish you all a fine & happy Xmas.
Cheers,
Steve.

www.romsey-classiccarandbikemeet.co.uk

·
www.53catalina.co.uk
2,454 Posts
Steve,

a big thanks for organising another successful show. Time flew by today. Thanks also to all the helpers, and I hope you raised loads for the Prostrate Cancer Charity.

See you soon
Dan

·
Premium Member
906 Posts
romsey boxing day meet

well it was my first time today...and definately not the last...great atmosphere and some quality cars in attendance...good work fella!!
oh and my pop is in first photo too!

·
Off the Xmas card list
24,052 Posts
My mates Mazs beetle ,fresh out from Coltech with its new chop. He started it as Cal look 20 years back, got married, had kids and then dragged it out from the back of his garage just on a year ago and took a fresh direction.

I missed this ,and Wickham square, today ,best laid plans and all that :(

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Usual Boxing Day. Last year the old Chevy broke down as we left the meet and embarrased itself (and us) in front of a large crowd. This year on it's maiden voyage since rebuilding the engine it decided to break down whilst joining the M27. We spent an interesting time surrounded by Police and Highways Agency chaps. Thanks to Gary for towing us home with his 58 Chevy truck, having spotted us in distress. Guess what...this afternoon on the driveway it started first time. I think it doesn't like Romsey.
Just to make a perfect end to the day my son has now managed to wipe all our photo's off the computer....

Many thanks to Steve and the guys for organising another great event.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Oh well Mick your not the only one Dave's camper decided to lock up its gearbox on the road back out from Romsey causing a little traffic build up,had to be recovered,,,Happy New Year, Mark,

·
Registered
160 Posts
Hi guys, a HUGE thanks to all who attended & supported the event, I really appreciate it. Despite the early shower that slowed things for a while we had a great attendance of 450 - 500 cars, approx 150 bikes & HUNDREDS of spectators, all of whom helped us raise a record £1003 for THE PROSTATE CANCER CHARITY in those few short hours. I have updated the website with pics from this year's event ( Go to Pic Galleries ). Thanks again to all who came.
Steve
AKA Mr B.

www.romsey-classiccarandbikemeet.co.uk

·
Premium Member
906 Posts
dont suppose anyone got a photo of my pop??? always forget the camera!........saw plenty of people taking pics of it but unable to find any

1 - 13 of 13 Posts