Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Off the Xmas card list
24,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been surfing the 'net but can't find anything ? Can anyone help with suppliers as I need to be able to check out some line pressures .

·
I'm Not Jed Clampett
2,725 Posts
What about using a contents gauge off an old welding gas regulator or similar for a low cost/no cost option. Oxygen Argon etc. gauges go up to 3 or 4000 PSI. should be enough pressure surely?

·
Off the Xmas card list
24,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's the bleeding out that's the problem on most gauges though I'm also looking at T pieces with bleed nipples to possibly address that . Also need to be able to swap ends to metric or UNF ...a plan is forming as I type this :)

·
Off the Xmas card list
24,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sorry Guy, I always forget and think of my local place as it's only a couple of miles away:(

·
Registered
141 Posts
Ive done this in the past with a guage from a normal hydraulic supplier. Youll need one that reads up to 1500 psi but generally i would think 1000 psi do. From metric to imperial make a short bundy brake pipe with imp on one end and metric on the other :smoke:

Tony

·
My name is Martin
2,618 Posts
I got one for a mate from a normal hydraulic supplier.

·
Registered
5,698 Posts
Hey guys guess what,

I AM A NORMAL HYDRAULIC SUPPLIER AND THAT MEANS I CAN GET THINGS CHEAPER THAN MOST OTHER HYDRAULIC SUPPLIERS.

Lol...!!!

·
Premium Member
2,819 Posts
hi kev, si (roadrunner) orded a gauge from ebay, it was about a £5, i then had flexy made with a brake fitting on on end, i then made short brake pipes (metric or none metric) which ever you need for the caliper, worked well, as you may remember i need it for my brake problem and it did the job,

1 - 12 of 12 Posts