Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Have love will travel....
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yep, it's that time of year again! :tup:

ROLL UP! ROLL UP! FOR THE GREATEST TATTOO SHOW ON EARTH!!!!!!!!

Brighton Tattoo Convention is held at the Racecourse, for those of you that haven't been before it's a Big Show! 2 days of the finest tattooists in the world, (don't know how I slipped in :smoke:), bands, loads of stalls with goodies to buy, bar, food, entertainment laid on both days and an after show party to end the weekend with a bang! :drunk:

£20 for a day ticket and £35 for a whole weekend of looking at the tattooed freaks, plus free parking at the race course.....

And the organiser, Woody, has generously offered a pair of free tickets, that's 40 quids worth of free tickets to anyone coming in an old/custom/rod/yank.....you know what I mean..... :tup:

Any queries, you can contact Woody on [email protected]

Look forward to seeing ya there!

·
www.53catalina.co.uk
2,454 Posts
And the organiser, Woody, has generously offered a pair of free tickets, that's 40 quids worth of free tickets to anyone coming in an old/custom/rod/yank.....you know what I mean..... :tup:
Is that for every old/custom/rod/yank that arrives or just the first one on the day?

·
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is that for every old/custom/rod/yank that arrives or just the first one on the day?
That's for any car, not just the first one. Woody's not silly, he knows there'll only be a smattering of em, lol! Especially after the foot of snow we got on the Sunday last year....oops, did I say that.....:S

Yep, that's a free pair of tickets to anyone arriving in a cool car :tup:

·
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
im hoping to be there:smoke:
Now, now young Yorkie, don't be shy....tell the nice people why you're gonna be there......:smoke:

If you don't turn up that double bass ain't gonna play itself now is it...;)

·
Exceeded sell by date
7,741 Posts
An excellent show, well worth going for a good day out.
And yes we did drive through a bloody blizzard coming home...:eek:

·
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
An excellent show, well worth going for a good day out.
And yes we did drive through a bloody blizzard coming home...:eek:
You coming again this year Steve? Be lovely to see you and Rachel :) Sorry we'll be on the top floor again! I'll make sure you can have a lie down on my bench when you get there :D

·
Slacker journo
143 Posts
Is there any chance of a bit more space between the booths this year. I really wanted to enjoy the whole experience last year but just trying to move around inside the venue was a 'mare.

·
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Is there any chance of a bit more space between the booths this year. I really wanted to enjoy the whole experience last year but just trying to move around inside the venue was a 'mare.
I suggest you ask Woody for more space.......
To be fair, last year, only the second show so far, had apparently twice as many people go to it....it was mental! But just one of those things....just take your time wandering round, get there early to avoid the crowds as they say...;)

·
Registered
572 Posts
Now, now young Yorkie, don't be shy....tell the nice people why you're gonna be there......:smoke:

If you don't turn up that double bass ain't gonna play itself now is it...;)
ok ok were the house band for the weekend:sniff: nervous allready!!
im hoping to do the full aftershow party this time....without the snow!!:tup:

·
Slacker journo
143 Posts
A quick request to anybody who will be taking a camera to the event. If anyone is practicing traditional Japanese style tattooing (in other words not using a machine, but sharpened sticks) over hte weekend could you get me some decent pictures of it being done.
If it works out there be a photo credit on the pictures when they get used in a magazine. I would go myself, camera in hand but I've been double booked over the weekend.
Any one who gets pictures and is willing to share them please contact me via PM.

Thanks

·
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hey , Rebecccccaaaa ! Im afraid your personal high-riding bill-boards stil buggered so wont be there this year ! :sniff:
Ive pursuaded a couple of rods to "pop" along so I can grab a lift ! :D
Ah bummer! Where am I gonna put all my fliers now! :eek: :D

Not long now folks! The excitement is building! If you are one of the sensible ones, not many on here then....and bought an advance ticket, you will be allowed in at 11, :tup: if you don't you'll be queueing outside in the cold from 12 onwards! :tdown: Get em online.....www.gingertickets.com you have been warned, it's blooooomin freezing queueing outside at the raceourse! :whistle::grr:

We will be on the top floor in the ivory tower known as the Prince Regent suite, come n say hallo :D

·
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
TODAYS THE DAY !:pmsl:
YAY!!!! And the sun is shining so come on down to sunny Brighton and check out us tattooed freaks! :tup:

Set the booth up last night, we're goin Mexican this year :D
Come say hallo, I'll be the stressed out Madam hiding under her sombrero....:bigsmile:

·
Registered
29 Posts
a big thanks to woody for sorting me out with two comp tickets
was a great show + my neighbours thought i was mental at 8.00am
washing my cortina daily driver to take down there! it was sooo cold
the warm (ish) water was freezing as i was doing it :roll: sorry no picks
of the other old cars + rods there, i felt very boring there though i
only have six tatts but some were covered from head to toe :D

1 - 20 of 29 Posts