Rods 'n' Sods banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Stay cool, admit nothing
1,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Driving down the Walworth Road on me motosickle today and a Fiesta coming the other way makes a right turn across me. Manage to swerve but she whacks the rear side of the bike. The RH pannier is smashed to pieces but miraculously I don't fall off. A bus driver witnessed the whole thing and gave me his number, which was good of him. The old dear in the Fiesta was upset and apologetic so I couldn't get mad at her. Said she didn't notice me. It's a Moto Guzzi California with peashooter pipes. Quiet it ain't. And I had the headlight on. :shake::shake:

No damage apart from the pannier. My insurance company said get a new one and they'd send the bill to her insurers.

Well, I've got more chance of finding hens' teeth or rocking horse shite than a factory RH pannier from a California II. Bleeing marvellous. :cry::cry:

·
Global Warmer
1,200 Posts
You might be in luck dear sir!

My old Dad had a Californian a fair few years back and took his paniers off.

Now, as he is even more of a pack rat than I the chances are he will still have them stashed away in his shed.

Leave it with me and I will give him a call.

P.

·
Stay cool, admit nothing
1,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You might be in luck dear sir!

My old Dad had a Californian a fair few years back and took his paniers off.

Now, as he is even more of a pack rat than I the chances are he will still have them stashed away in his shed.

Leave it with me and I will give him a call.

P.
Cheers Paul. That would be a right result. Fingers crossed....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts