Rods 'n' Sods banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hi all, im new on here so thought id show you the sort of stuff im into by showing you the low im painting at the mo. i run a small buisiness restoring old stuff, mainly dubs, but also a few lowriders and yanks when ever i get the chance. heres some i painted earlier :tup:

so, at the moment im im painting this for a mate, il let the pics do the talking

·
Registered
102 Posts
looks very nice mate, wish i could get to do more in my shop!

think thats my mates old regal, did it come from bournemouth from a guy called mark gray?

·
78 Bronco BRING IT ON!
440 Posts
That paintwork is superb, the 70's are back! That looks amazing, tell me do you still feel excited when you take all the masking tape off and look at it for the first time or does it ware off?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well im only young so yeah still enthusiasticly unmask most paint jobs to be honest, its the best bit of any project but this stuff really gets me going. i werent around in the seventies etc so have to have to build stuff now!! ive always been in love with old skool traditions of car kustomising

·
Having a cuppa
2,629 Posts
Some phenomenal work there. I've seen the Lincoln before but the others are new to me. One of the best things about lowriders is that you can really go to town with the paint and detailing. The stock Buick is a fairly bland looking vehicle (no offence meant) but you've turned it into a work of art there. :tup:

·
richard rawlplug
8,098 Posts
:eek:....wow,top job......

·
Registered
133 Posts
looks very nice mate, wish i could get to do more in my shop!

think thats my mates old regal, did it come from bournemouth from a guy called mark gray?
yeah thats it it was marks , it,s been painted for a while now so i thought its time for a change , there,s only one man for the job mr kerry coe , looking good mate cant wait to see it finished and pin striped , the kandy man strikes again

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thats ace

so how long does it take to mask something like that up.
do you do reference points on the primer first
days and days and days mate. the roof took 6 days so far and aint finished yet! i paint the flake first, flat, reseal with clear, flat, mask up patterns, paint colours in then add clear, flat, clear, polish. i been on the car nearly everyday for about three week now so dont be fooled into thinking its like painting a car normally. its like doing it several times but thats what you have to do if you want paint not stickers. its all the trying a line down the car, not liking it, pulling it off and keep doing it until you get something you like. you dont plan it out really but let shapes jump out at ya while you play with tape.

·
Registered
272 Posts
yeah thats it it was marks , it,s been painted for a while now so i thought its time for a change , there,s only one man for the job mr kerry coe , looking good mate cant wait to see it finished and pin striped , the kandy man strikes again
I remember Mark from my time in Unity Lowriders back in the mid 90's. Top marks on the paintjob fella.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
well im avalible for hire if anyone needs some nice paint or bodywork. im always up for having tasty tin to work on. ive been restoring vw`s for 10 years now and as much as i love em recently iv done so many id like to do more kustom stuff, thats where my real passion lies :smoke: cheers for the positive comments though guys, chewy and ali came down to try iron out some probs with my own new toy. it was good to see the guys away from the shows and work on each others cars, how it should be! heres mine, a build thread coming soon

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
so ive flatted the whole thing off and gave it some more clear, also flatted the boot and polished it, oh and its wearing new rims

1 - 20 of 35 Posts