Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Nowheresville
3,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having a clear-out of obsolete stock at work and there are loads of unused screws and things that I'd rather sell cheap on here than let go for scrap, only to come back and haunt us all as cheap rip-off tools and car parts.

If anyone is interested I can check exact quantities of any of it - I forgot to bring the list home tonight so will update this tomorrow morning if we're not snowed in or anything stupid.

For example, there're several thousand M5 x 20 HT Hex Hd set Crews BZP, M5 x 20 Flanged Hex Hd Taptite Screws BZP, No6 x 1" Pan Pozi screws, M5 x 10 Pan Pozi screws, loads of No8 x 1/2" Pozi Flanged self-tappers in black (zinc?), some 1/8" x over 1/2" steel pop rivets, and more.

It would be great if someone wanted the lot, in which case they could all be secured on a pallet for collection by a carrier.

Please PM here or call/text 07920 584324
Thanks, Andy

Oh yes, nearly forgot, they're located about 5 miles west of Oxford.

·
Nowheresville
3,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Right, that was a job and a bit to sort out. They've realised that some of the fixings may still be of use if we have problems with our current suppliers, so the final list is as follows:

18,000-off M5 x 20 Hex Hd HT Sets BZP
These are heavy, so would be £20/Box of 1000 posted

21,000-off M5 x 20 Hex Washer Hd Supertite/Taptite Screws BZP
These are also heavy, so would be £20/Box of 1000 posted (see photo)

5,000+ M5 x 10 Pan Pozi Screws BZP
Lighter, so £15/Box of 1000 thousand posted (see photo)

SOLD No.8 x 1/2" Steel Pozi Flanged Self-Tappers "AB Strip Zinc"
I like these, and use them myself a lot. They are black, but I'm not sure if they're black zinc, chemi-blacked over zinc, or some even seem like lightly japanned black - can't be sure, so £12/Box of 1000 posted (see photo - the black ones :)) SOLD

2,000-off 1/4"-UNC x 1/2" Slotted Hex Hd Screws BZP
£15/Box of 1000 thousand posted (see photo)

12,000-off No.6 x 5/16" Pan Pozi AB Self-tappers BZP
£10/Box or bag of 1000 posted (see photo - the tiddlers)

1,700 No.8 x 5/8" BT Thread Cutting Pozi BZP
£20 lot posted (see photo - these have the short fluted tip)

4,000-off M4 x 8 Pozi Pan Plastech 30 Screws BZP
£12/Box of 1000 posted (these are like self-tappers, but the thread form and helix is designed specifically for plastics)

Unfortunately the postage is a bit of a killer on these due to the weight. The whole lot on a pallet weighs about 200kg, and it would be preferrable if someone has the lot for about £220. They could be secured to the pallet but collection by yourself or your courier would be your responsibility.

DSC04780.JPG

·
Nowheresville
3,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
OK, the black self-tappers are all packed up and should be going to the post office today, for the guys who've bought them. Going through the ones we'd held back, there are more than we thought so there are a couple of thousand more if anyone wants them:

2000-off No.8 x 1/2" Steel Pozi Flanged Self-Tappers "AB Strip Zinc"
I like these, and use them myself a lot. They are black, but I'm not sure if they're black zinc, chemi-blacked over zinc, or some even seem like lightly japanned black - can't be sure, so £12/Box of 1000 posted (see photo - the black ones )

·
Registered
139 Posts
I will have a box of these please, No.8 x 1/2" Steel Pozi Flanged Self-Tappers "AB Strip Zinc"

pm sent
cheers
Brian

·
Nowheresville
3,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I will have a box of these please, No.8 x 1/2" Steel Pozi Flanged Self-Tappers "AB Strip Zinc"

pm sent
cheers
Brian
Thanks Brian.

Just one box of 1000 of these left now.

All the metric fasteners are still available :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts