Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Official Drag Addict....
7,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought i would start this by asking who's going?

me and the Mrs wil be taking the dragster to show in the custom tent and also ill be crewing on my mates STG Harley. apart from next to fuckall ill be chilling out and seeing and hearing all the wonderfull sights and sounds of the bulldog bash.............

its an amazing event, we did it last year and really looking forward to this one.so ill take my camera and let you see what floats my boat...:evil:

see you there............... maybe?. :tup:

Sid.

·
Premium Member
4,207 Posts
Unlucky for some-see you there Sid

·
Registered
872 Posts
Got me latest bike in the Custom Show - see if you can spot which one is mine mate....... :shake:

Yeh, it's a great gig, I done every one (I think this is 23 years now). Chill out? I'll give you a little something to have your hands in the air in the rave tent.......

See you there fella. :D

·
Official Drag Addict....
7,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Odgie, i bet i can tell which is yours.... :beuj:

Bry, we hope to get there early thursday afternoon,what time are you thinking?

thats three of us off here... :eek:

surely theres more??

heres a link for those that need a little nudge. :D.was gonna say never heard of it. :shake:

http://www.bulldogbash.eu/

Sid.

·
Premium Member
5,807 Posts
Who's going? Not me unfortunately, I'll be on my hols. I have it on good authority that half the Warwickshire Constabulary are hoping to make it.:)

·
Sheep Shagger
858 Posts
Hoping to go on Friday night.
Just trying to convince the wife it won't be too muddy :)
She'll go in the car, but it ain't the same !

Only been a few times before, a good few years ago, and never since there's been a Custom Show there, so looking forward to it.

Here's hoping :)

·
Registered
895 Posts
b/d bash

i'de like to go but cant afford to do that and the nasc nats ,i used to marshal it years age think the last one i did was no 13 did all up till then have a good time to all that go all best Guy :tup:

·
Premium Member
5,807 Posts
Just been watching 'Central News' here in the Midlands and, as usual, the Bash featured. The HA have broken their usual silence on matters but the old bill have described it as akin to 'allowing the mafia to host a garden party in rural Warwickshire'.

Having been rebuffed by the local council, which granted the event a licence, despite Police attempts to have the event banned, they have now implemented their £1 million plan, yes you read that right, one whole million, to police the event. Their aim has been described as searching as many attendees as possible. They have a presence there today and a HA member had gone on camera to detail that they are searching cars, never mind bikes, for firearms, illegal weapons and drugs.

The fact that local residents, who almost always comprehensively support the 'Bash, are also caught up in this shit must cause much local dismay.

I really hope all of you who are going have a great weekend but hey, be careful out there.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Was the same last year, they'd effectively built a mobile fortress outside the track, blocked off all the side roads, hundreds of coppers stood about all day under gazebos at all the junctions stopping you going anywhere but along the main road. They hassled a load of locals, one family on a day out were stopped and searched three times, their little girl was in tears. The local crims must be jumping for joy, they've even less chance of being caught while the Bash is on, the crime rate in Stratford and surrounding areas must soar for those few days. To be fair, the actual coppers on the ground were chill about it, all the ones I spoke to thought it was a complete waste of time, they'd have been happier catching crims, but it was their lords and masters who were calling the shots. One told me they'd been told not to let anything go by, stuff that would normally be dealt with by a caution or a smart word became full blown arrests - as one said to me, 'What can we do, we've got Inspectors looking over our shoulders all the time, we've no discretion at all now...'

Shame on the top brass - they're just playing naughty games because they got beaten in the courts (how much taxpayer's money went on the court cases, never mind the amount spent policing an event that never has any trouble on site in 23 years...).

·
Premium Member
5,807 Posts
Yeah, know it was the same last year Odgie, fact is that the local economy benefits so much and most of the locals, not the weekend trippers, realise that and despite differences in the past between the track and the planning authorities, they are fully behind the event, in spite of police opposition.
The HA operate, as anyone who has been can confirm, a very tight security regime. The fact that two years ago an attendee was shot twenty miles away on the M40 is being used as a means of trying to stop the event. I don't recall West Mercia Police calling for a ban on matches at Villa Park after rival fans ran down and killed a supporter after a local derby.

I can't help thinking a million quid could be better used for routine policing in the county.

·
Official Drag Addict....
7,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well, what a weekend im bolloxed!. did anyone see me get run over??....:beuj:

no?.. well it feels like i did!,

firstly thanks to the HA for having us there and putting on a fantastic show.
Absolutely brilliant!!.............
and second to bry and the mob for help dragging the the dragster through the mud and into the tent... cheers guys. :tup:

got some pics here to put up but i thought this one is a good one to start with... :pmsl:.

Attachments

·
Official Drag Addict....
7,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
its rainin its rainin!

got there thursday to find ol shakey flooded, well pretty bloody moist anyway!

Sid.

Attachments

·
Official Drag Addict....
7,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Plastic norton!!

This thing in my mind was something special.... :tup:

Amazing amount of thought and effort in this one.. 8)

·
Official Drag Addict....
7,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Thought this was alright too

built by some old guy up north i believe... nice one mate.i love it..:tup:

Sid.

·
richard rawlplug
8,113 Posts
Well, what a weekend im bolloxed!. did anyone see me get run over??....:beuj:

no?.. well it feels like i did!,

me too mate,think me and bry partied way too much.

Motorhead were ace,rave tent wasnt..

BIG thanks to ginner for the tickets,bry,scottie,sas,al o connor(legendary partyer),lewis the strippers bitch,charlotte,simon,and ay one i met .....

think i may go back next year....

·
Official Drag Addict....
7,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Few more

Right, heres my favourite hotrod................. :twisted::twisted:

Sid..

Attachments

1 - 20 of 39 Posts