Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
A really good day out, went last year only because I saw o post about it on here. Will be back this year and will try to drag a few others along.Much better than 'show-field' type events ,you can't beat it for good laid back atmosphere and Buntingford is the sort of place that reminds you that there are some good things about our country:tup:

·
Premium Member
952 Posts
Hi All,

Cheers.

Russ.
Crewed on the Chevelle a few times when Dave James had it, not sure if he had it when these photos were taken but it's great to see it on the street. This was an eight second race car and I loved it, seriously clean, superb Chris Issacs chassis I could go but I,m gonna stop now. Can't wait till Dave gets the new car out, got a little way to go yet though I think.

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
I agree a great car Kev. And DJ is a good guy kept it imaculate. Yep should be interesting his new project. Say no more;)

·
Premium Member
11,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Crewed on the Chevelle a few times when Dave James had it, not sure if he had it when these photos were taken but it's great to see it on the street. This was an eight second race car and I loved it, seriously clean, superb Chris Issacs chassis I could go but I,m gonna stop now. Can't wait till Dave gets the new car out, got a little way to go yet though I think.
Hi Kev,

Pete owned the Chevelle when i took these photo's, it was parked almost outside his house where he was living at the time. The ex Jeff Manni Pied Piper was also Pete's when the pic was taken although he has now sold that on.

The Chevelle was also at BIB Peterborough last year, got a pic somewhere.

To the left of the Chevelle is Richard's Plymouth (great68 on this forum).

Cheers.

Russ.

·
Registered
12,501 Posts
4th September :tup:

·
Premium Member
11,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
A really good day out, went last year only because I saw o post about it on here. Will be back this year and will try to drag a few others along.Much better than 'show-field' type events ,you can't beat it for good laid back atmosphere and Buntingford is the sort of place that reminds you that there are some good things about our country:tup:
Hi firebird68,

If i remember correctly, Richard "great68" put the thread up.

Cheers.

Russ.

·
Registered
527 Posts
thats my mate, DJ's chevelle,headin' towards 9 sec quarters last time i saw it/him :tup:..where abouts was the show?...essex area? :)

·
Registered
527 Posts
just read the other posts....must try to keep up with people:shake:...whats DJ building now?,he always said he would never sell the chevelle,because of the history he had with it :S...if anyone who knows him,see's him say hi from jerry rickett will you?...cheers :D

·
Premium Member
952 Posts
Hi Kev,

Pete owned the Chevelle when i took these photo's, it was parked almost outside his house where he was living at the time. The ex Jeff Manni Pied Piper was also Pete's when the pic was taken although he has now sold that on.

The Chevelle was also at BIB Peterborough last year, got a pic somewhere.

To the left of the Chevelle is Richard's Plymouth (great68 on this forum).

Cheers.

Russ.

Cheers Russ, couldn't remember who Dave sold it to. Just remembered it was someone who crewed in Super Modified, I think. Thanks for posting.

just read the other posts....must try to keep up with people...whats DJ building now?,he always said he would never sell the chevelle,because of the history he had with it ...if anyone who knows him,see's him say hi from jerry rickett will you?...cheers

Didnt know Dave was building a new car Kev what is it ?? if its anything like the Chevelle cant wait to see it .

I agree a great car Kev. And DJ is a good guy kept it imaculate. Yep should be interesting his new project. Say no more

Toetag, car was into the eights when DJ sold it and yes it was a tough, tough decision to sell it but the urge to go faster overcame the sentiment of having owned the car for about 23 years! That and the realisation that without changing even more on the chassis etc it was easier in the long run to build another car.

Sorry guys as Ken has said can't say yet what the next one is.

Mark has the balancer arrived yet?

·
Premium Member
11,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hi Kev,

Found the couple of pics of the Chevelle at BIB

If you want more info on the Chevelle and the plans for it's future, probably best to get hold of Richard (great68 on this forum) or John (crumble on this forum) as they both now Pete a lot better than i do.

I know Pete sold the Pied Piper to finance some other bits he needs for the Chevelle.

Pete is hoping to go to the Swapmeet and have a stall there.

Cheers.

Russ.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts