Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After the partying on Saturday the early start planned for Sunday didn't materialise!
A Swapmeet, one of the best Car Shows in Florida and NASCAR at Martinsville, all in one day!
After a late start with only time for a Mcdonald's Egg, Bacon and Cheese Biscuit I arrived to see the Swapmeet in full swing. The Automotive Engineering Swapmeet was big years ago, it changed into a Trade Expo, a sort of a poor man's PRI. Automotive Engineering has now been taken over by Gearhead Performance owned by Edd Borman a guy who has helped to supply British Drag Racers and Rodders with parts for (in my case) over 20 years. A mate of mine was over from the UK for a couple of days last month, we went into Edds for a Lokar Nostalgia Shifter and trans mounted Hand Brake, this was Thursday afternoon. Friday morning the phone call came "the parts are in" brilliant service, and all within 30 mins of the Gulf Beaches.
He has reinstated the Gearhead Swapmeet this year and also had an Open House at the Speed Shop with every thing on sale at cost!!!!!!

TWO PICS IN THE SHOP, BUSINESS WAS BRISK

THIS WAS A CUSTOMER'S CAR, I LOVED IT.

Rog.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts