Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After the Swapmeet I drove down to 'Downshifters of Brooklyn' Car Show.
http://www.downshiftersofbrooklyn.com/
The Downshifters were founded in 1959 by a guy who's still active in the club (as they got older they all moved to Florida, I suppose). Their Car Show is big and high quality, I go every year and have seen it become one of the best on the Gulf Coast.
It is held every year at the VA (Veterans Affairs) Hospital which occupies an enormous piece of property! http://www.baypines.va.gov/visitors/campus.asp
Americans certainly know how to look after their military. Ex servicemen and their families have their health needs met for life at these many beautiful waterfront buildings. The car show is in aid of the VA recreation fund so everyone gives generously.

EVERYTHING HAS A POLICE FORCE EVEN THE HOSPITAL, THE CORVETTE WAS SIEZED AS THE PROCEEDS OF CRIME.

THIS CADDY SEDANETTE WAS FOR ME BEST OF SHOW

·
Premium Member
4,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Busy Sunday Part 2 of Part 2 (?)

SIX IN A ROW WILL NEVER GO!......UNLESS IT'S GOT ALL THIS NOSTALGIA SPEED EQUIPMENT ON IT!

THEY EVEN HAD A 'SHELF'

THE DOWNSHIFTERS OF BROOKLYN

EVEN THE CRITTERS WERE ARMOURED

·
Dazed & Confused
3,507 Posts
Great snaps SG!

Dunno what it is but i love it!!
(pic 14)

Sorry either shit Spanish ISP not working or Si's April Fool stunt still carrying on but pic won't load.................

All I've seen in Tenerife for the last 3 months are Mercedes taxis and bus's with "TITSA" written on the side of them

Nuts!!

Now threads have been merged...pic 41?The one before the six pot engine photo...........

·
Dazed & Confused
3,507 Posts
Trying to upload tehe pic with the sexy front bumper............ Definitely dodgy ISP here, Telefonica, Spanish bank holiday, whole country goes to pot:wanker:

·
Premium Member
1,196 Posts
GOOD PIC'S AND ARTICLE, KEEP EM' COMEING ROG, WE COULD DO WITH A BIT OF YOUR FLORIDA SUN AND SHINE. :tup:

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Some great pics of some different cars!
I'll take this one home please!

·
Premium Member
4,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ha, Ha. It's always the same over here, even funnier, I took my Mustang to a show and didn't get one! LOL

Rog.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts