Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Dragging not Bragging
5,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
You'd think by now everyone would know better

But No ....... people still do it and so let it be a warning

No matter where it is view before parting with cash as one persons view of not bad project is not someone else's :tdown: :sniff:

Dont look to bad does it

·
Off the Xmas card list
24,202 Posts
It's a 1302/3 Vince , I'm afraid anyone with VW experience would told you they rot the worst :( You should ask on an eclectic forum where many people with many different vehicle experiences post ;) Done my fair share of VWs through the years.

·
Off the Xmas card list
24,202 Posts
When I've sold my cars I've insisted the buyer check it all over and I discuss areas that I may not be happy with , explain it's good and bad points and generally make sure they KNOW what they are buying. I've had people want to send me what I consider very large sums of money without seeing a vehicle and I've refused again insisting they see what they are buying. It appears I usually undervalue them greatly judging from their later resale prices :(

·
American Truck importer
11,742 Posts
admittedly, I do ask people to come and look, and do always worry about it when they don't and I send a truck several hundred miles away, but with mine nearly always being projects, buyers just see it as extra expense to come and look. They know what they are getting into with my descriptions. The few that have travelled a long way to look have always bought.

·
Dragging not Bragging
5,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I'll try n get the pics sorted but if a car is rusty at least tell the buyer

For me it was a considerable amount of money (3rd most expensive car ever purchased) but to someone else it may of been peanuts and yes it was a project but maybe I'm too honest but if I had given it away to anyone other than a scrap man I would of charged to much and would not be able to sleep at night

1 - 12 of 12 Posts