Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm very out of touch these days having not bought anything in the past 17 years or so , I used to get stuff sent over all the time in the old days :eek: is it still easy , cheapish etc ? ?

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
Steve , it depends what you want and how quick you want it. Its easy to ship anything the same day , but the cost of getting it here could make it expensive if you only order a small amount of stuff. For bigger stuff and /or stuff you can wait for speak to Kerry at Originals , he go,s to California twice a year and brings in 40foot containers full.
He is always very helpful

·
Desparado
7,337 Posts
Still as easy Steve, as for cheap hhmmm ?
I've brought stuff in for my 57 from various shops, Danchuck, CCI ect via various means, UPS, independant shippers ect.
Depends how quick you want it.

Get most of my stuff now via R & R. :tup:
Never had any probs & its there when Russ says it will be.

·
Premium Member
3,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Steve , it depends what you want and how quick you want it. Its easy to ship anything the same day , but the cost of getting it here could make it expensive if you only order a small amount of stuff. For bigger stuff and /or stuff you can wait for speak to Kerry at Originals , he go,s to California twice a year and brings in 40foot containers full.
He is always very helpful
I've been building up an order for Ecklers , mostly stuff I need now really , but could wait a couple of weeks to be honest . I can wait for the twice a year type deliverys for the over size stuff maybe ?

·
Registered
337 Posts
Steve i would recomend Russ at www.randrhotrodimports.co.uk
Hot Rod And Tri Chevy Parts Seller

he is only in Luton as well which for you is not to far if you have to pick stuff up.

Paul

Still as easy Steve, as for cheap hhmmm ?
I've brought stuff in for my 57 from various shops, Danchuck, CCI ect via various means, UPS, independant shippers ect.
Depends how quick you want it.

Get most of my stuff now via R & R. :tup:
Never had any probs & its there when Russ says it will be.

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
Ecklers are good. Some of there stuff is from Danchuk...
I have bought both 5/6/7 parts and Corvette parts from them , I actually visited the store in Florida once and they had almost everything in stock.

What parts do you need ?:tup:

·
Premium Member
3,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Steve i would recomend Russ at www.randrhotrodimports.co.uk
Hot Rod And Tri Chevy Parts Seller

he is only in Luton as well which for you is not to far if you have to pick stuff up.

Paul
vbbbbbbbbbbbbbb bn , first bit written by my Cat :pmsl: :pmsl: Yes Paul should try Russ , spoke to him a couple of times , I'll see what he's got.

·
Premium Member
3,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ecklers are good. Some of there stuff is from Danchuk...
I have bought both 5/6/7 parts and Corvette parts from them , I actually visited the store in Florida once and they had almost everything in stock.

What parts do you need ?:tup:
Need all sorts really , used to buy from them when they were CCCI as I was a member .

·
Desparado
7,337 Posts
Steve
Always found Ecklers /CCI to be good. I had a wrong hood panel sent, they sorted it without problem.
A lady called Linda always looked after me (ooh er missus), good to deal with 1 person for any repeat purchase.

Danchuck once sent a instrument cluster chrome trim in a box the size of 200 ****, then put this in a 'kin big box with LOADS of shredded card / paper ect.
It arrived safe, but the UPS man didnt look pleased when he gave me the shipping bill & saw my reaction !:sniff:

·
Premium Member
3,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Steve
Always found Ecklers /CCI to be good. I had a wrong hood panel sent, they sorted it without problem.
A lady called Linda always looked after me (ooh er missus), good to deal with 1 person for any repeat purchase.

Danchuck once sent a instrument cluster chrome trim in a box the size of 200 ****, then put this in a 'kin big box with LOADS of shredded card / paper ect.
It arrived safe, but the UPS man didnt look pleased when he gave me the shipping bill & saw my reaction !:sniff:
Is it better/cheaper to ship loads of parts in one go do you think ?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Not sure what sort of parts you are after but i recently bought lots of trim bits / lenses badges etc for Tamzine's 56 - through ebay from a very helpful guy called Mark at a company called Mutton Hollow Chevy- It was nearly all Danchuck stuff and i'm sure it was cheaper than they them selves list.. he parcled as a gift so no inport duties !

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
I'll second Mutton Hollow and "Oldedays", both on ebay or direct off their website. Marked down "gift" parts value on the customs declaration can save you a lot if you can get the supplier to do it but you're obviously stuffed if it goes missing as you haven't declared the full value. Ralph Roberts is about the cheapest there is, all the same parts as the big boys but cheaper and if you phone him you talk to the man himself, not a salesman. He also ships USPS airmail but his wrapping isn't great. I try and avoid dealing direct with Danchuck, Ecklers, Cars inc as all the parts are avialable elsewhere but cheaper. I've also had good service from OL'55 on the East Coast.
Repro chrome, I've had some real crap from Danchuck over the last 20 years but they seem to have improved lately. It wouldn't surprise me if they ship out the seconds to international buyers because they know they can't return it. Most of what I've needed lately I waited till I was going to LA to inspect every part on the Danchuck counter before bringing it back on the plane. Big awkward / bendable stuff to ship, even whitewall tyres I've bought from Russ Pepper. I've not found a cheaper, safer or easier way of shipping the big stuff than Russ, he's one of the good guys to deal with.
The days of international airmail parcels slipping through customs uncharged appears to be over in my experience. Just about everything I've had sent over in the last 18 months has been correctly charged.
Hope this helps.
Al

·
Premium Member
3,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'll second Mutton Hollow and "Oldedays", both on ebay or direct off their website. Marked down "gift" parts value on the customs declaration can save you a lot if you can get the supplier to do it but you're obviously stuffed if it goes missing as you haven't declared the full value. Ralph Roberts is about the cheapest there is, all the same parts as the big boys but cheaper and if you phone him you talk to the man himself, not a salesman. He also ships USPS airmail but his wrapping isn't great. I try and avoid dealing direct with Danchuck, Ecklers, Cars inc as all the parts are avialable elsewhere but cheaper. I've also had good service from OL'55 on the East Coast.
Repro chrome, I've had some real crap from Danchuck over the last 20 years but they seem to have improved lately. It wouldn't surprise me if they ship out the seconds to international buyers because they know they can't return it. Most of what I've needed lately I waited till I was going to LA to inspect every part on the Danchuck counter before bringing it back on the plane. Big awkward / bendable stuff to ship, even whitewall tyres I've bought from Russ Pepper. I've not found a cheaper, safer or easier way of shipping the big stuff than Russ, he's one of the good guys to deal with.
The days of international airmail parcels slipping through customs uncharged appears to be over in my experience. Just about everything I've had sent over in the last 18 months has been correctly charged.
Hope this helps.
Al
Helps , thanks !!!!!

·
[url=http://www.nobrain.d
14,365 Posts
Steve Ive shiped in Lots and Lots of parts..........

The two main Probs, are Customs...and if a part is wrong or broken you have to wait mouths
If you can get it over here it might be worth paying that little bit extra ..depending on what you want that is

Good luck

Bob....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts