Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Welding Guru
849 Posts
I am currently rebuild my 65 C4 "green dot" and bought all the bits in from the states. everything is high performance and i will be performing a few oiling mods to the rear thrust washer to ensure the box lasts a long time. It has all new kevlar clutches bands etc and kolene steels. also i have bought a sonnax intermediate servo and a transgo shift kit. the torque converter is also being rebuilt. i am an engineer so tackling this with the manual and the vast amount of videos on youtube ensure this is a very easy box to rebuild.
I am also rebuilding another 66 trans and torque converter that i will be advertising on here soon, my new workshop will be set up in mid june and if the buyer is local i will give him a hand to swap it out!

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
I rebuilt my Th700r4 and you can spend a fair bit on parts depending on what condition the box is in, I threw away the first box I had due to it being trashed (was a 2004r). luckily the second box was in great nick so spent approx 300 quid on mods and minor rebuild kit, then built it myself. Not a 5 min job.
I'd expect to pay around 500 + parts to get it done.
Make sure you trust whoever does it as there's plenty of ways to cut corners...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts