Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK fellow wags, here's a bit of fun.Tell us 2 or 3 interesting/little known facts bout your self and we'll all decide if they are TRUE or FALSE. Dont worry if it all becomes a bit of a mess we'll get in Arthur Marshell and PPPatrick Campbell to sort it out (there's 2 fer the teenagers)....right i'll go first then....

1) At Live Aid '85 Wembley Stadium i could be seen on stage during the encore finale wearing a Pete & Jake's T-shirt..

2) I'm really NOT a Greengrocer..

3) I'm a football coach with enough qualifications to enable me to coach at a premiership club.

Cue Robert Robinson's little bell.................ding.

·
Registered
777 Posts
OK 3 random facts about me
1, I have a "project" that was started in 1989....it's had 3 engines, 3 sets of bodywork, 3 different colours and 3 sets of wheels and tyres......it's not been on the road (legally) in that entire time....and is currently an empty shell (again)
2, I was an international athlete (just once)
3, Jay Kay from Jameraqui bought a copy of Rad Rod vol1!!

·
Premium Member
1,827 Posts
OK fellow wags, here's a bit of fun.Tell us 2 or 3 interesting/little known facts bout your self and we'll all decide if they are TRUE or FALSE. Dont worry if it all becomes a bit of a mess we'll get in Arthur Marshell and PPPatrick Campbell to sort it out (there's 2 fer the teenagers)....right i'll go first then....

1) At Live Aid '85 Wembley Stadium i could be seen on stage during the encore finale wearing a Pete & Jake's T-shirt..

3) I'm a football coach with enough qualifications to enable me to coach at a premiership club.

Evwey wuns a fwoot and nut case.....

Number thwee is BLUFFING!

Here's mine:

i) I was the school cross-country running Champion 3 years in a row

ii) I was nearly Madonna's Brother-in-Law

iii) I taught Jude Law to drive

·
Premium Member
1,827 Posts
OK 3 random facts about me
1, I have a "project" that was started in 1989....it's had 3 engines, 3 sets of bodywork, 3 different colours and 3 sets of wheels and tyres......it's not been on the road (legally) in that entire time....and is currently an empty shell (again)
2, I was an international athlete (just once)
3, Jay Kay from Jameraqui bought a copy of Rad Rod vol1!!
I'm gonna go 3 on this one but I bet it's 2....

·
Member/ Reject.
214 Posts

You should work at blackburn rovers where in need of something could in the backroom!:D

·
Registered
194 Posts
1] At the 1970 Isle of Wight festival I was apprehended, but not charged, for selling crushed OXO cubes.

2] I own four banjos, but can only play one tune. [badly]

3] I was 34 years old before I realised that what I heard as a 10 year old child at a grave side service was NOT...

In the name of the Father
And of the Son
And into the hole he goes.

·
Exceeded sell by date
7,753 Posts
1) I once upset Barry Sheene by adjusting his electric seat way too far forward.:(

2) Got picked up by Jonathan King once and taken for a ride in his car:eek:

3) Mistakenly bought some crushed Oxo cube at the 1970 Isle Of Wight festival.:D

·
Exceeded sell by date
7,753 Posts
Plumpo,i reckon 2 might be TRUE and if so details please:lol:
Correct!
Three 'hippy' schoolboys walking through Twickenham one Easter evening. Up pulls a white XJ6 with black windows...brand new model that had only recently come out. Driver, Mr King, asks if we know the way to Richmond fair. After telling him he invites us in just for a drive round. I can remember an eight track player, Wow! with Diana Ross and Dylan playing. Couldn't believe it was happening at the time.After an evening of that he arranged to meet our parents to make sure that it was ok for us to go to his house on occasion to review his new record productions. All went well and I eagerly awaited the contact giving me his address. This was all pretty exciting for a 15yr old.
The contact never came. For years I felt I had been shafted by Mr King. Then a few years back the news broke....I realised that I hadn't actually been shafted at all...
Looking back I think meeting my Dad, who was a copper at the time, may have been a bit off putting...

·
Milt
467 Posts
1] At the 1970 Isle of Wight festival I was apprehended, but not charged, for selling crushed OXO cubes.

2] I own four banjos, but can only play one tune. [badly]

3] I was 34 years old before I realised that what I heard as a 10 year old child at a grave side service was NOT...

In the name of the Father
And of the Son
And into the hole he goes.
I had the same thing with Percy Vear...

1 - 20 of 91 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.