Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Two Sauces and a Sausage!
1,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Andy wot you up to you naughty boy.i saw the post on yellow bullet changin the shape of the car,and wot a clever dude he is with that photo shop.the car looks awsome and then i thought wots he up to.then i saw the eurodragster post and it became all clear.now im thinkin wot your wantin to do is very clever and exciting,its a crossover type deal,are twin turbos in pro mod already.i no there in the U.S but are they allowed in europe.whats the deal.
Marc.

·
drag race addict
1,392 Posts
Andy wot you up to you naughty boy.i saw the post on yellow bullet changin the shape of the car,and wot a clever dude he is with that photo shop.the car looks awsome and then i thought wots he up to.then i saw the eurodragster post and it became all clear.now im thinkin wot your wantin to do is very clever and exciting,its a crossover type deal,are twin turbos in pro mod already.i no there in the U.S but are they allowed in europe.whats the deal.
Marc.
Trying to do something different ,for europe anyway.
It's time to step up to a properly fast car with no playing about..:D
It obviously won't be a street driving all the while car. It'll be like an american street car to play them at their game. I wanted to do Orlando one day with a car that was capable of giving them a go. I think this will do it.
At the moment i'm funding it which means it'll take a while..
Turbos in pro mod yes. 650ci and twin 91mm's allowed. I have them on order..lol
and the pic just incase anyone hasn't seen it yet.

·
1,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It obviously won't be a street driving all the while car. It'll be like an american street car to play them at their game. I wanted to do Orlando one day with a car that was capable of giving them a go. I think this will do it.
Well cool go for it ,and best of luck....

·
drag race addict
1,392 Posts
Well cool go for it ,and best of luck....
Cheers Mark. Hopefully see you at the mopars?
Properly fast means 6.50's at least in pro mod trim... car will weigh 2750lbs.It now weighs 3400lbs..:eek:

·
Registered
863 Posts
woww:shocked: it already is a properly fast car andy haha :D man, your plans are awesome!!

Tom

·
1,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cheers Mark. Hopefully see you at the mopars?
Properly fast means 6.50's at least in pro mod trim... car will weigh 2750lbs.It now weighs 3400lbs..:eek:
Wow 650lbs is alot to loose on a twin huffer,theres so much shit going on,but im sure youll do it.wot fuel are you allowed c16,if so 2800/3000hp at a guess,will 91mms support that.that picture is amazin i bet you wish you could just push a button on the computer to pop a real one out hey..not that easy.

·
drag race addict
1,392 Posts
Wow 650lbs is alot to loose on a twin huffer,theres so much shit going on,but im sure youll do it.wot fuel are you allowed c16,if so 2800/3000hp at a guess,will 91mms support that.that picture is amazin i bet you wish you could just push a button on the computer to pop a real one out hey..not that easy.
i was thinking that today..lol It's a ton of work on the body.It's chopped 2",raked screen front and back,front door lengthened and reshaped,rear door shortened and window reshaped,boot area reworked,front stretched 8",front wings reshaped so they narrow down etc. Probably 3 months work.Lucky it doesn't need painting for a mould.
Fuel will be methanol at the track,and petrol on the road.
Chrome moly chassis and glass.carbon body will help the weight. No intercooler need for methanol either,which means no water tank.
I'm confident we can get at least 100lb under min weight.91mm's will support 3300hp..:D

·
drag race addict
1,392 Posts
Excellent, can't wait for this.

Will you still be running in Street Eliminator as well?

Is anyone else in Pro Mod with a street legal car?
No,street eliminator is finished for me.It's onwards and upwards..
No there isn't.Simon Payne did it for a couple of meets 12 years ago when steel chassis's,auto trans,normal axles and 15" wheels were allowed.
Now it's twin rail chrome moly chassis,lenco's,fully floating axles and 16" beadlocks only. This is why it's a long term project. Pro mod adopting NHRA rules across the board doesn't make sense to me. Adapt it for Europe yes,but when you have a rule that says no autos because we need to differentiate between top sportsman cars and pro mods you need to look at them again to be honest,particularly when there isn't any top sportsman cars in Europe anyway..

·
THATS MR TATFINK TO YOU
961 Posts
good luck to andy , does this mean the car will be like triggers broom ?
the same car except for the engine ,chassis and body :tup:

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
That is nice very nice ,really looking forward to seeing this in the flesh, are you going to scare Jonny a bit more this time.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts