Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Administrator
14,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok with reference of the for sale section

what if i can get tech to great a plug in that stops replies to adverts bumping them back to the top of the page
the op can still re bump his own advert as per the 5 day rule
this way it would save me and the other mods having to delete comments like ,i which i had the money
im also trying to get the tech team to create a template that every field has to be filled in or the advert won't actually be approved

now this is still in the thought process but id like your comments on the idea

BUT if you don't have anything polite to say then don't post
this will not turn in to a blame game or place to argue
thanks
Darren

·
Premium Member
1,798 Posts
Sounds like a good way to go and *hopefully* will stop all the moaning about the for sale pages, but I won't hold my breath! :)

·
Deviant
3,518 Posts
The owners created this problem by charging the traders for there ads they need to solve it
Charging traders creates revenue its a business I get that but deleting posts just winds people up who create the content that brings people here to see the ads in the first place

Darren Im sorry for having a go at you I just saw you deleting posts didn't see why

·
Premium Member
6,696 Posts
The owners created this problem by charging the traders for there ads they need to solve it
Charging traders creates revenue its a business I get that but deleting posts just winds people up who create the content that brings people here to see the ads in the first place

totally wrong... this was happening WAY before the trader thing!

I agree its the fairest way, Darren, although having no bumps at all for anyone,would be better.

Gary.

·
Milner for PM!
2,303 Posts
Good thinking, mods!

·
American Truck importer
11,742 Posts
It'll work for me, and sorry gary (54 devon) the OP must be able to bump it after the 5 days, or else the ad disappears within a couple of days and it would have to be re typed. Fuck that! And any parts you sell would go out of sight even quicker on the parts for sale pages as they move really fast. Parts sell quick too, so maybe you'd be okay, but cars don't often sell quick on first day or two, so defo a need for the OP and OP only to be able to bump.
The HAMB works on only the OP being able to add content, and it seems to work fine.

1,422 Posts
Sounds a good logical solution to me.
Just been trying to think of a problem and the only thing I can see a few people disapproving about is if they have a reply to their add it may be quite a few pages back and not immediately obvious that they have someone interested in buying.

It is up to sellers to keep track of their threads,some may have to brush up on using the 'Settings' button to track their subscribed threads,it works real good,and there is always PM's too.

I can't think of any other possible hiccup .

1 - 20 of 36 Posts