·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
setting up a web site for wifey

did this, this arvo ...
### link removed ... didn't mean to spam ! ###

will obviously be improving it alot !

looking to get it up in the listings for general pet type searches.

It's #1 if you search "petshoptoys" , but we want to be up there if you search for dog / cat / toys / collar / lead / toy etc etc etc .

any hints or tips to increase hits ???

Cheers

Rich

·
Premium Member
3,624 Posts
Put Rodsnsods stickers on all the pets:pmsl::pmsl::pmsl::pmsl::pmsl::pmsl:

·
Registered
7,436 Posts
It'll be up there for "petshoptoys" cos that's the domain name. Just a built in topper really.

Google "SEO" and then spend the next few months reading lol. Even I don't get my head around a lot of the optimisation stuff.

Strong keywords in the content :tup:
Get a sitemap built :tup:
Submit the sitemap to search engines to get them spidering it. :tup:
Get traffic to get more traffic basically.

And I understand your reason for posting the link on here :lol: ;)

·
richard rawlplug
8,120 Posts
setting up a web site for wifey

did this, this arvo ...

Pet Shop Toys

will obviously be improving it alot !

looking to get it up in the listings for general pet type searches.

It's #1 if you search "petshoptoys" , but we want to be up there if you search for dog / cat / toys / collar / lead / toy etc etc etc .

any hints or tips to increase hits ???

Cheers

Rich
i should ask the gaffer if its cool to promote sites on his site first...

·
Old enough to know better
3,479 Posts
I've got an idea for you.............
Just pay el landlord to it for you....
He the MAN ........

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I
And I understand your reason for posting the link on here :lol: ;)
Hope you do !

I just wanted you to see it :D

I dont expect to sell dog leads on a hot rod site !, just thought you might have something usefull for me to learn !

Cheers Si

much reading ahead methinks :S

Rich

·
Registered
7,436 Posts
I'm gonna have to bump this down to the traders bit anyway dude :tup:

You're one for reading geeky crap so i'd deffo recommend some searching on SEO.

Read most of it and then forget half of the stuff you've read cos by then Google et al will have changed their algorithms :lol:

·
Registered
7,436 Posts
:lol: Sod ya then.

I'd bumped it to traders and you took the link off so I moved it back to chat :D

And just so the others know, Rich is here for the advice (and maybe search engine linking) rather than the sales ;)
I dare say he'd have asked me on Volkstorque but knows I don't get much chance to be on there nowadays :tup:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
:lol: Sod ya then.

I'd bumped it to traders and you took the link off so I moved it back to chat :D

And just so the others know, Rich is here for the advice (and maybe search engine linking) rather than the sales ;)
I dare say he'd have asked me on Volkstorque but knows I don't get much chance to be on there nowadays :tup:
:pmsl:

yes ... I'm here for advice. no idea about 'search engine linking ' ??? (YET) !

I went to Vt 1st, but thought I'd have more chance of catching your attention here :tup:

link gone off Vt too.

but have the doggy bandana idea for free :D (peeps seem to spend more on their dogs than themselves ! )

google SEO here we come .....

·
Registered
7,436 Posts
Basically getting your link about is one way to increase traffic which in turn increases search engine interest in your site.

It's best to keep the sites with the links on relevant to what your site is about as it counts as more relevant traffic (also for the people viewing them).

Don't use shitty link farms either as they can have a negative effect on the performance.

the main thing really is relevant content. It's a pet site so plenty of descriptive snippets/articles about pets. Make them keyword heavy (but in context to the surrounding words) with what you want to be searched on :tup:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Basically getting your link about is one way to increase traffic which in turn increases search engine interest in your site.

It's best to keep the sites with the links on relevant to what your site is about as it counts as more relevant traffic (also for the people viewing them).

Don't use shitty link farms either as they can have a negative effect on the performance.

the main thing really is relevant content. It's a pet site so plenty of descriptive snippets/articles about pets. Make them keyword heavy (but in context to the surrounding words) with what you want to be searched on :tup:
Cheers

not been into web design before !

read a little over the years, but didn't want to dump on all the 'site submit wizards' without checking up 1st !

we plan to get a blog going and 'tech' advice etc

just put that together with a free site builder program ... Kompzer... so we had something rather than nothing.

the thing that sparked it .. someone has registered 'pet shop toys ltd' , so we thought we better have some stie to show that we were there 1st !

·
Registered
9,565 Posts
I've got a buddy of mine who does SEO and runs seminars on it. I don't know an awful lot myself but I remember him telling me that one of the most important factors is to have your main keyword/s in the Domain name so you've got a pretty good start there.
As Roadrunna says, descriptive snippets/articles about pets with lots of the keywords in will help massively but don't go o.t.t. as this can often be considered as spamming and work against you.
It might be worth buying up a few domain names with the main keywords in (dog/cat/toys/collar/lead/toy etc.) as they're only a few dollars each and redirecting them to the main site? Like I say, I don't know too much about it and maybe Roadrunna can help you with that idea?
I'll have a chat with my buddy when I see him next :tup:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I've got a buddy of mine who does SEO and runs seminars on it. I don't know an awful lot myself but I remember him telling me that one of the most important factors is to have your main keyword/s in the Domain name so you've got a pretty good start there.
As Roadrunna says, descriptive snippets/articles about pets with lots of the keywords in will help massively but don't go o.t.t. as this can often be considered as spamming and work against you.
It might be worth buying up a few domain names with the main keywords in (dog/cat/toys/collar/lead/toy etc.) as they're only a few dollars each and redirecting them to the main site? Like I say, I don't know too much about it and maybe Roadrunna can help you with that idea?
I'll have a chat with my buddy when I see him next :tup:
Thanks ... all/any info is userfull to me :tup:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts