Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1989 Talbot express(fitted with a Fiat grill oddly enough!)
Swift Kon Tiki 640/6.
Mot till next July,taxed till end of November.

Get out of that tent!

I bought this 3 summers ago after it had spent many years parked under a tree.Time has not been kind to it,and it suffered waterleakage while parked up.This has done some damage to the interior,the headling in stained(no matter what i tried cleaning it with i couldnt improve it)and some of the veneering has come off the cupboards.Having said that,its now dry and the actual upholstery is very good.
Hob,cooker fridge,all working fine.never tried to get the fire to work but no reason why it shouldnt.
All taps work,shower works,all lights work,But,last time i filled the water tank,the hot water tank leaked.This is due to when i first got it,it was leaking and i couldnt get the right O rings for it,so the right ones should sort it.Hot water worked when i first got the van after a clean out,but i have never used it so may need a coat of looking at again.
Body wise,it has more than its fair share of dings..both bumpers have cracks and the body has several knockes to it.Last year at the supernats the sun awning blew over the roof,fubaring its self and putting a small hole in the opposite side.
mechanical though its another story.I spent a fair lump of money getting it back on the road...
2.5 Iveco TD.5spd 30+mpg without trying.Show 82 k,but i know its not right as the speedo never worked when i got it,and only got round to sorting it just before the last MOT!
It had..recon turbo,new clutch,gearbox stripped and checked,new driveshafts,new discs and pads,new drums and cylinders on the rear and 4 new tyres.It now starts on the button and runs as sweet as you like.
It has a towbar,i have towed a trailer with my 32 on,and this year flat towed my T and although not the most powerfull thing on the road,it gets the job done.
Problem is,i only use it 4 times a year,so its a bit extravagent for me really,as comfy as it is on a weekend way,and as the wife continues on her crusade to save money around the house more of my toys are being targetted!I have just got myself a trailer tent so its time for it to go.

I have probably made it sound a lot worse than it is to be honest,for 3 blokes to use on a weekend at the drags or a rod run its perfect,but its probably not what you would want to take the wife around europe if you have just retired!Saying that,with some enthusiasm and a little TLC it could certainly be improved,and i`m sure it still has plenty of life left in it.

Come and have a look,it is just as described,so no disapointments.

I will consider a px if it helps,something tax exempt,or a tastefully modified bike up to half way,or there abouts.

I thought i`d offer it here first before it goes on ebay at the weekend.More photos on request as i will be taking some more for the ebay ad.

Rgards.
Mark 07711 774040
[email protected]

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi just been looking at your camper and it's just what i have been looking for as just bought a project to do this winter and want to do a few shows and in comfort, so if you can send me some picks of the inside that would be great and if it looks ok i will come down this weekend and pick it up and i know i am a newbee to this site but am going to be on here alot more once i try to assemble my box of bits, i will text you my email address, my mobile number 07798942743, Thanks Stewart.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK Stewart.I am planning on getting some pics tomorrow ready for the ebay ad,so i will get a load off to you in the evening.
Get you email address over and i can get it sorted.
Mark.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts