Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive a badly running cadillac and ive done all i can to try and fix it i dont no much about them and i dont no any one into yanks so im sort stuck with it unable to drive it in my garage

any one repair them on here or know of some one ive a work shop if your mobile if not i can sort it getting taking to your place for a repair

im in middlesbrough teesside

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
any one ive asked wont touch it. its not that basic its 1st of the mordenish cars with fuel injection ecu and so on its over my head ive tryed all the basics new plugs leads cap and so on with no joy

i was just hoping find some one that knows american cars thats all

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
its a 1981 6.0 its the only year it had this set up where it can run on 4 / 6 / 8 that has been turned off and just runs on all 8 now as they had so many probs when they where new

but unlike the 1980 year with same 6.0 its got a load of emissions control stuff egr valve and so on and a fuel injection set up that aint to great ether

i think this could be where the faults are

only cadillac fourm is in usa and tbh there no help on there

i asked is it possable to change to a carb set up and all i got is why would you want to ?

ive got a good basic knowledge of cars but i aint a mechanic ive rebuilt a 2.8i capri and ill get stuck in but this car is so differnt to anything thing else ive had i dont really know what im doing with it

but thanks for any help you could give but really id just like to do lazy op and book it in some where pick it up a week later fixed before it drives me crazy

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
it does look more complex set up than whats on a newer car there is a diagram under the bonnet of the car ill take a photo of this tomorrow and post it up see what you think there must be 10 pipes or so on it with sensors n stuff all over the place

thanks for the help though

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.