Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
richard rawlplug
8,221 Posts
the seats have been ripped on purpose.........to devalue it even more......

mind you at least it wont get scratched in asda carpark and trolly dents only add to the patina..

·
Worn Out Fanny Magnet.
673 Posts
Each to their own, and I`m not looking to join in any debate, but personally, I just dont get this whole "Rat Look" thing !!. :beuj:

·
Heavy Oiler
2,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Although the "rat look" isn't for me. I can understand the patina of an old car being part of the attraction.
I cannot see the point in "deliberately rusting" a modern car. To me it just looks wrong, but as others have said- "Each to their own"

·
Registered
7,436 Posts
Did anyone see the "Sour Kraut" bug that Jesse James did ?

Although to be fair I don't think they deliberately rusted it looking at the doner :lol:

Well, apart from the flip front and other fibreglass bits on it :tup:

·
V8 addict
1,102 Posts
The purpose of paint is to protect the metal underneath. The fact it looks pretty is a welcome bonus.
To deliberately remove the paint to encourage rust i.e shorten the cars life significantly just doesn't make sense. If you like the primer look then fair enough - at least it's doing *something* to protect the metal (although primer does absorb moisture over time).
Leaving something in bare metal to go rusty just makes things look like they've been nailed together badly in a shed.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.