Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

Car Insurance

589 views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  chrisvs 
#1 ·
Car insurance renewal arrived, had a look at other insurance providers and found that I could get the same cover for £100 less, phoned insurance company renewals to inform them that I would not be renewing and they have not only matched the other quote they have improved on it slightly.

I wonder how many people just pay the renewal without question.

#2 ·
Millions chris.

Thats why they make so much money.no different to AA renual time when they bung another couple of hundred quid on,and hope no one notices.

Misses just had hers through.price comparrison site bought her own insurance company up as the cheapest and then a lot cheaper than her renual.

I think with all these sort of things you have to shop around.the savings are huge

#3 ·
had exactly this with RAC, and before that with AA, I now don't give them chance to better their price, tell em to look up "customer loyalty" on the internet, then tell em to stick it, no matter what they can do with the price. After all, we all know "New customers" get the best deal.

#6 ·
mine was due for renewal last month, (part time traders policy), they wanted £948, last year was £640 including an extra £80 to put a Pontiac on it. told them to stick it, 10 mins later they phone back to say after they searched again have found someone for £744 so they will send the paperwork out for the new price. found someone else for £675, so they matched it again. they were really pissed off when I found someone else for £601 and that includes American/Canadian and any left hand drive. they then said why didn't you ring back we would have matched it, I said if you had done that price in the first place we wouldn't be havin this conversation.

#8 ·
Just got an email from Aviva offering me another 10% if I take the quote they gave me, not a chance that ship has sailed :shake:

Because I entered my details onto a few web sites I'm getting inundated with emails for other products and a few of them have even wished me happy birthday which was nice :incheek:

I know I can unsubscribe which I am trying to do but it's a bit like the Hotel California on some sites, "you can check out anytime you like but you can never leave", it's OK though because I use a separate email address for this sort of thing, makes it easy to delete them on mass :tup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.