Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Burn out champ 2010
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My youngest is getting married on June 5th...that's Billing week end.

We have a '50 Plymouth Suburban for the bridesmaids and need something for the bride and her father.

Ideally 4 door or a very easy entry 2 door.

The wedding is late afternoon as I need to go to Billing and go on the cruise to get NSCC points.

We need to be collected from Wollaston which is about eight miles from Billing and delivered to the church in Strixton which is less than a mile away. Bride and groom then need to return to Wollaston for the reception.

The driver and partner are invited to attend the reception for hog roast and wine if they wish.

·
Premium Member
5,809 Posts
Dusty, I'm sure something more suitable will turn up, but the Stude is there as an emergency back up if neccessary.

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
Sorry, I am on shift (12 hour day), but if you get stuck I can lend you the car as long as there is a driver who understands old cars and how they drive lol, but most of all they must be insItured. It is the black kustom 57 moredoor Fairlane on air. Let me know by pm or 07960905550. Tim:tup:

·
Registered
140 Posts
hi a i am at billing that weekend and if you get no joy with anybody you can use the sedan with me driving. the only thing is i have 2 kids that eat a lot (or thats who i blame). at the mo there is still no interior panels but the seats are cunfey check out pics on my intro . skippy

get a ford u wont get board !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
5,698 Posts
Dusty, if it's still mine the Zodi could be used if you want, not going to Billing, but...

·
Burn out champ 2010
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the offers chaps. I'll show photos to Tiffany and try to decide what she wants.

Tim, that's a very generous offer but I can't take the risk of something bad happening but thank you very much.

The Zodi would be cool Guy but I can't chance you not having the car.

Alan, Skippy how easy is it for a bride in her wedding dress to get in the back of your cars...can she stand on the running board for example?

·
Registered
140 Posts
a cat can get though a small hole if it wants the cream enough, are u going to draton manner you could look and see what you think . or are the any mid week meets near u i may come a cruise over. as for the running boards i sleep on them drink on them and some times try to get under them so if she likes she can dance on them. i have done a few proms with no probs but if its a big wedding dress it may be worth a look first. but except for seats and shifter there is no interior

get a ford u wont get board!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
5,809 Posts
No running boards, split, tilt sideways bench seat two smallish jump seats in the back. Used it for Bridesmaids a couple of times. Like I said, not the most suitable but it's yours if nothing else pans out.

·
Registered
5,698 Posts
Thanks for the offers chaps. I'll show photos to Tiffany and try to decide what she wants.

Tim, that's a very generous offer but I can't take the risk of something bad happening but thank you very much.

The Zodi would be cool Guy but I can't chance you not having the car.

Alan, Skippy how easy is it for a bride in her wedding dress to get in the back of your cars...can she stand on the running board for example?
The way things are going Dusty I'll still have it this time next year...!!!

Speak to you on Sunday....

:D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts