Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Very happy yesterday because after nearly 5 years rebuilding my car, it was back on the road. I've had it running since last year, done about 20 miles today.

So.....went to start for about the 10th time today, nothing whatsoever. Didn't even try? It can be a little hesitant when hot.

Heres what Ive got

406ci Procharged motor, Holley 700cfm blowthrough carb,

Ive checked the MSD ignition, all ok. Distributor visually appears ok.

Fuel pressure set at 7psi on a Aeromotive boost referenced regulator.
Car smelled heavily of gas after repeated cranking.

Im guessing at something along the lines of the fact that the vibration from being back on the road has dislodged some dirt or sealer in the fuel system???

Im going to leave it until tomorrow now

Any help or ideas would be great :)

·
Registered
602 Posts
hi nelly, have you checked the coil mate, i had a very similar thing back last year, i was going for the mot bugger wouldnt start, i scratched my head for blood ages, a mate came round and within a couple of minuets he diagnosed the coil, swapped over and started 1st time, missed the mot but sorted the non starting issue, steve

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cant remember spec on plugs, but they look fine, and have been run in their for a good while. The coil is good, as I did the test MSD recommends, all ok. I havent by any means exhausted a lot of ideas, as it was only today. It seems to be flooding a lot, so going to have a good look at carb tomorrow :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.